PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
A few minutes ago, SmokingPipes.Com blasted an in-stock alert stating that boxes of Penzance are in stock. Unfortunately, it was a mistake. They have not received any Penzance. If you are on the in-stock alert list, you'll need to go back to PM and re-subscribe to the list to be on it when they really do get it in stock. :crying:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
They did the same thing a little over a month ago. Rabid collectors were not happy. 8O

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I happened to see the email subject just as my computer started running slow as tar. Luckily, since I couldn't order online, I have Smoking Pipes on speed dial. BTW, the fact that I have 6 or 7 tobacconists and estate pipe vendors in my phone's address book is probably another sign that I'm not just a casual smoker. :)

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Oh man, Nate. Their system actually accepted your order? Chip at SP told me it was an error - that they had not received any stock. I'm sure they'll make good but still, the false alarm sucks. But I'm as certain as I can be about anything that SP will make you good.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I paid as well and have not received any notification outside the automated confirmation email. :?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
They took my money for 2 tins of Auenland earlier this week, and a day later I received an email from Mark Pluta stating that they only had 1 in stock with no guarantee of future stock, and offered me a refund. I chose to replace it with a copy of "In Search of Pipe Dreams". Awsome customer service.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Yeah I'm not worried as I've always had nothing but great customer service, but my order did go all the way through. I sent them an email asking but haven't heard back. I'll let you guys know when I hear.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
For what it's worth, the distributor hasn't had anything to ship for several months. If a B&M has it in the back room somewhere......
Otherwise - don't believe it.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
They received 45 bags and their shipping dept is preparing the first 45 orders taken and we should know by this evening who's got and who's not.... Love me some stress and drama!
I placed my order and auto inserted my info within the first minute after receiving the email. If mine wasn't in the first 45 there are people here with VERY SERIOUSLY fast typing skills!!!
My source is Kaye at smokingpipes

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
What is bunk is being bumped off the notify list and not having your order fulfilled. Last time I got bumped from the notify list I didn't even get an email and they never could tell me why. It's one thing to go to the back of the list due to missing the email in time, it's another to be forced to the back of the list twice for mistakes on their part.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Lol thanks Booker!! Yeah that's a crazy amazing deal! I agree!! i LOVE the stuff! I know some think it's overhyped, but it's my favorite smoke and always makes me smile.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Daimyo, I double check every few days and sometimes have to re-register. There's no accounting for these data systems. They b buggy, but yeah that sucks.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
Love the SP notifications, but I don't think they have ever done me any good, as I have a job and all, I am not hovering over my computer all day hoping to snag some Esoterica. I like how they tip me off to call around to my favorite B&Ms though.

mranglophile

Can't Leave
May 11, 2015
United States
You have to applaud smokingpipes.com for keeping the price decent dispite demand. I won't mention any names but many take advantage of the "casual" distibution of the Esoterica/Germain products.
As for the "new" notice system, I thought it was supposed to reset once sent but I am even a higher subscriber number now then the time before.

May 31, 2012
Wow.
Wonder what the time frame was that 45 bags sold out?
Like 5 seconds?

:!:
There's bound to be a backlash due to the overhype,

but regardless,

the popularity of this blend speaks volumes for JF Germain...
...I can only imagine how popular nowadays the old Brit blends would be if the big houses were still around -- Ogden's, Wills, Murrays, Gallaher, Player, et al

with enough capacity to feed the masses to their hearts content.
I'm glad Germain has stayed alive and bless'd us with their majicks,

despite what a small company they are.
:puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.