PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
But with three years aging, it’s sublime!
I only wish I'd found that to be the case. Last year I opened a tin that had 5 years on it. Absolutely hated it. Couldn't finish a bowl of it. Tossed out the rest of the bowl, scrubbed out the pipe to get rid of any lingering effects and divided the tin, giving it away to several people here.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
...Absolutely hated it. Couldn't finish a bowl of it. Tossed out the rest of the bowl...

Going to open a Tin up this weekend(and WhiteKnight)..In the mean time I will sign up for Secret Santa 2018 and will offer 2 Tins of Sobranie.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
And quite terrible.
Well neither of them exactly float my boat these days, but I found WhiteKnight a closer profile to the old stuff than Germain's in an ABC test.
I think it's about the tin art. People are willing to spend an extra $20 for that blurry reproduction of the tin art.
I bet you could grow a mean bonsai in either of these blends.

Reactions: jpberg

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
The hype around this blend is astounding. I think it's pretty good, better than average, but nothing super special. In one way, I find the hype annoying, but in another, I'm glad that there's enough of a craze, even if only a very limited craze, about pipe smoking that people are buying up these blends.

Reactions: logs

woodensmile

Lurker
Jul 27, 2019
Seattle, Wa.
I have been placing calls to my local b&m tobacco shops. Cigar and pipe, who have distribution with arango and asking them to order blends they offer such as Sobraine esoterica etc. I dont think the stress of crossing your fingers and carting an item is worth it. Plus you get to support a local shop and get the phone call for first crack at the drop. ;)

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I grabbed the lone tin today at the Mayan Import Company today in New Orleans (and a tin of Margate) . When I asked the clerk if he had any Penzance, he just laughed.

Reactions: oldtoby
Status
Not open for further replies.