PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
We are planning a road trip for the beginning of August. In the great tradition reminiscent of such trips when I was a kid, we will mostly be visiting friends and family.
Coming out of Miami -- a town with abundant cigar stores but nary a single pipe shop -- I'm hoping to visit good shops along the way. So what, if anything, do you fellows suggest for the following cities:
Orlando, FL

Gainesville, FL

Marietta, GA

Hoschton, GA

Columbia, SC

Savannah, GA

St. Augustine, FL

Coco Beach, FL

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
don't know about orlando or gainsville, but there is edwards in tampa, and benningtons in sarasota. i especially liked bennington and their six panel sliding wall pipe display... and the people there are rad. ginger was a hoot and gave me an unsolicited discount for buying a bunch of stuff.

andrewtpoland

Lurker
Mar 15, 2010
I live in Marietta! Here are some Google Map locations. I figure that can make it easier to get to and from the highway.
Tobacco World:

This is really a pretty cool shop. Their specialty is cigars, but they carry good pipe tobacco and pipes too. They have the new Dunhill Nightcap, and plenty of really good bulk blends. They also sell pipes at extremely affordable prices.
Marietta Cigar:

This was my first pipe shop. I bought my first pipe here and really realized how much more smoking was than just borkum riff. These folks are super nice and will treat you squarely. They have an excellent humidor and if memory serves, a good pipe tobacco collection. They moved when I went off to school and then moved back to their old location on the Marietta Square. While there, browse the square. There's some cool places out there.
I hope these were able to be of some use. Have a great time!

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
If you're going to Marietta, do you want to swing by Gainesville, GA? Smitty's is in Gainesville and Smoker's Embassy is right off of the Hamilton Mill exit of 85. We're right in between. :D
Cocoa Beach is an awesome place but I haven't been there in about 5 years. I don't think you can go there without visiting Ron Jon's Surf Shop.

jankomatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2010
Tampa, FL
You are going up the East coast, so traveling across to Tampa or Sarasota is kind of out of the way, but there is a Bennington's in Boca Raton which is on the east coast, you should go right through it.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Wow, what great responses already. Thank you and keep them coming.
I know Bennigton's in Sarasota very well and always make a stop there when we're on that coast. One of the best pipe shops I've ever visited. Won't hit them this trip, though. Actually have never been to the Boca shop.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Smoker's Embassy isn't a full blown pipe shop, persay, but they do have some good quality pipes. He's more of a cigar and tobacco fella and has some jarred tobacco if I remember correctly. He's still working on getting set up with tinned tobacco, but I've spoken with him about it a few times.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Bootleg - shut up with that overly truthiness! If we can get more people in his shop asking for stuff, then he's more likely to go ahead and order it! That, and he advertises for us. ;) He does get some really nice estate pipes, though, and has a nice selection of newbies. I got two of your Meer's there, thankyouverymuch.

lyst36

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2011
If you are passing through Atlanta then I'd recommend Puff n Stuff on Lawrenceville Highway. The owner is really knowledgeable and nice and they have always treated me well there.

atwageman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2010
NC
You gotta stop and visit McCranie's in Charlotte NC (Park Rd location). Awesome pipe shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.