PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Got a call today from a guy only a few miles away. He has 9 or 10 pipes but he wants to trade me for "small junk and antiques", as he calls it. He is a professional yard saler or flea market vendor. I told him I had no "smalls" but would like to see his pipes. He told me some names that were on them that he could see; Dr. Plumb, Amphora, Stanwell, and best of all.... get ready.... A Dunhill #75734. I am going to look at them on Saturday Afernoon. Hope we can make a deal.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Again any Brebbias lol?
I don't know mate. He listed off quite a few names but when he hit Dunhill, I didn't hear anything else.
BTW, update: I am still in negotiations with the guy in Cape Breton who has the Stanwell Year Pipes.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I love my Brebbias for some reason. Maybe because it was my first pipe by a known maker and both are great smokers.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Wow, a patent Dunhill, that could be worth a ton. I see them going for hundreds of dollars on ebay. This could be your greatest score. Good luck.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Hey nsfisher, I looked up your ad on kijiji. I'm going to put up a similar one here in the 613. Hope you don't mind I borrow your idea, this is too cool! Full props!

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
You've got me considering an ad of my own, too. It sounds like a great way to go about finding some local pipes... I know my searches have yielded nothing to date.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
"Fill your boots" I haven't heard that one since I left the army LOL Too easy NS Too easy brother. Looking forward to seeing pics of that Dunhill!

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
You sent a pipe repairman pics but not us? Excuse me while I cry in the corner.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Yes i use craigslist. Most of the pipes i find are glass or hookas. I did get a stand a some estates but now that im into the hobby more i see that i overpaid. only one pipe out of the 6 that i still have.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Once there was an add that had a few choice high end factory pipes on craiglist but I didn't have the funds. Other than than I have never saw a pipe on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.