PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
The Søren Refbjerg Rasmussen I found a couple of weeks ago has been repaired and sent back to me. When I started the cleaning, the vulcanite piece attached to the shank came off and I noticed the stem was one made for a Preben Holm pipe. Sent it off to Briarville for a repair and new stem.
lpG8EJy.jpg

Then this weekend I acquired a Preben Holm Delight, but that's a different discussion.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Mike,

These were before I shipped it out to be repaired. The stem pictured came with it but has the Preben Holm stamping. It didn't fit all the way in. The second photo is where the vulcanite piece broke off.

zWtpSH5.jpg

9tcAL9W.jpg

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Pappymac, I know Søren is retired but still makes a few pipes now and then, any reason why you wouldn’t have him make a Stem for the pipe? Regards

banjo

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Fishnbanjo, I asked around and came to the conclusion he's completely retired now. Plus I would have had to ship it overseas.
Decided to have one made that looked similar to the ones I've seen on line.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I only asked because I have one on my radar but until I get the photo I requested I’ll not bother him to see if the stem is original to the pipe. I sent one of mine acrosss the pond and while it took awhile I was happy the original maker would do it, cheers.

banjo

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Well the photos came and it was what I had hoped to see. Not a fan of the more wild era of Danish Pipe making, when I was in my 20’s yeah I owned a few, today I’m more inclined to lean to subdued, yeah I know I have some wild pipes in my collection but it’s the bamboo that does it I’m telling ya! So here is my Søren Refbjerg Rasmussen pipe.

banjo
30441730498_565892270f_z_d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.