PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I just read that this little device is considered such old technology that kids today don't even know what it is.I have one that I paid ten dollars for 20 years ago.It still plays like brand new.I'm on my fourth set of head phones.I listen to it for at least 30 minutes every nite while I smoke a bowl.Yes I'm old and I don't like change for the sake of change especially if the old still works.

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk_vV-JRZ6E
This is the video, I just saw it today too. Makes me sad, but I remember watching a program (I think it was friends) where a kid pulled out a record and asked what it was. I wonder if in 10 years they'll be doing the same with the ipod.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
My 8 year old step daughter can use my turntable... Just a touch of pride for me; now if I could just manage to get her to stop playing my Alvin and the Chipmunks Xmas album I'd be happy.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
I remember tapes like it was 1987... I got my first walkman 11 years ago... wow. It played CD's. I wonder if my parents still have all their old tapes. That video was funny, and a little bit sad.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
One of the girls who does data entry for me has no idea what a walkman is. She's 18.
My kids dont know what a VCR is and they look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them about having 3 channels and that they used to go off the air at night.

virginiacob

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2013
I never had an actual "Sony" Walkman. My parents bought me the Sears Roebuck equivalent. I played the hell out of it though and wore out many a cassette tape. ZZ Top, 38 Special, Dire Straits, John Cougar, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen...oh the memories! Now we have "80s on 8" on Sirius-XM.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
There are still certain songs that make me think a "clunk" is about to come thanks to 8-tracks.
I'll be listening to it on the radio and catch myself actually anticipating it! 8O

Jan 8, 2013
I had a walkman for years. These days I keep all my music on my phone and computer. But I will never forget that first walkman.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm the age for Walkman, but I never owned one. I was a runner for a number of years, but I always wanted

to hear the world, not music. Yard work and similar chores never quite accommodated ear plugs. I do some

youTube concerts on my computer, but I still don't have an iPod or similar music archive. For some reason,

the technology that flows easily into other peoples' lives hides its delights from me. But in their heyday,

Walkman were everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.