PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
Hello all

I have not been smoking my pipes recently and I am missing them badly. They are all within 4 feet of me as I type but the heat, humidity and pollution of late have been extremely high, disallowing me from enjoying them. It is very frustrating! Coupled with almost constant use of my A.C. unit which sucks the life out of the air, I have been listless and my palate has become muddy. I have decided to console myself with a bottle of Singleton 12 year old single malt from the Glen of Ord; smoky, rich, with a hint of peat and oiliness, this lovely dram is vastly under-rated and difficult to find. I wonder if any of the members are familiar with it? I haven't seen the 18, but will snatch it up the moment I do. After one measure, I find myself perked up and wanting to smoke. I should have done this some time ago. 8O

I have a very large onion, broccoli and some grassfed beef to casserole when I can drag myself away from my laptop. It is very intersting how one taste can prompt the desire for another.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I wish I could enjoy some of those liquors, but they've been banned for me because of conflicts with medication.

Thankfully, tobacco doesn't work that way, so I'm not so bad off.

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
Ah, my briar brothers, I am on my ...th wee dram and nearly finished a bowl of properly dried Marlin Flake in a Radice Rind which has been resting for several weeks. Cool, dry and very satisfying. And the tobacco's not bad either! I find that, while single malt is respected by all civilised men, many have neglected to devote quite so much time to it as I feel they should. Silly, inconsequential things tend to get in the way, like family and career. Speaking as a Scot who used to live 50m away from a pub which offered more than 120 malts to its patrons. My friends and I tried very hard to get through them all over the years. Not quite sure we succeeded, but we had a good time trying. I am certain that the barstaff rolled their eyes at our pretentious tasting notes more than once.

I raise my glass to you all.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
My buddy had a house warming a few weeks ago and cracked a bottle of walker blue label. Damn tasty stuff.

reap

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2013
Sitting here with some Glenfiddich and a bowl after a long hot day. Might not be fancy but it's nice to relax to after work.

Status
Not open for further replies.