PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
In the process of sorting through my modest cellar, I came across this! Year 2011 Hearth & Home - Lakeland Brickle (Marquee Series). Vac sealed and from 2011. Here is the description:
Over the past decade, the popularity of the Lakeland tobaccos, with their stout body and unusual flavors, has exploded. In fact, they’ve grown to such a point that availability is now a big issue. What differentiates these blends from everything else are their strength and the old-fashioned “scents” they use. They also make quite a few of their tobaccos in the form of flakes, cakes and ropes. Due to numerous requests, we have developed a new tobacco called Lakeland Brickle. We start with a combination of Virginias (mostly red), along with dark, tangy Burleys (which add depth, spice and strength) and infuse them with traditional Lakeland-style flavors such as Rose and Tonquin Beans (among others), but with a light hand to avoid the “soapiness” that some people dislike. We then heat-treat it and put it under pressure to further develop the flavor and body, and finish by vacuum-sealing it in 8 oz. bags. Since we don’t use humectants in the making of the blend, the tobacco should be transferred to an airtight resealable container upon opening the vacuum bag. When you remove it from the bag, it will be in the form of a thin, squarish crumble cake which can easily be cut into strips or cubes for easy packing. The mildly sweet but robust flavor is intriguing, and seems to get better with each successive bowl.
And this is what it looks like:
BqC7amm.jpg

Will report on how it is to follow...

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I loved that one when it was still available. Sort of reminded me of Mixture 79.

Status
Not open for further replies.