PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
I do believe that pipe smoking is about relaxing, I have begun to enjoy several different types of tobacco. Often I will work outside, do something while smoking a bowl. However I've noticed there is something about an English that makes time slow down. I don't know if it's the complexity, the aroma what but when I plan on smoking it I have to pull out a chair and just enjoy. Very different from when I first tried one and thought "why would anyone smoke this". Although there are blends I like the taste of more, a good English forces me to just stop for a while, like right now with this Nightcap. Just curious if anyone has a blend which that rings true more than others?

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
It is paradoxical. Thus the mind stops to explore it. Very enjoyable, even if the Scotts version (965) is the best example.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Thank the Colonies for giving us Tobacco

Thank the English for making it something special
If you get the opportunity, might I suggest picking up a Boswell's English sampler, a great way to explore

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
English blends are excellent in themselves and also I feel they give the pipe smoker the refinement in taste to pick out the nuances in other types of blends like Virginias, burley blends, Balkan and other more complex blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.