PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Found some nice looking material and couldn't get myself to cut it down so these came out.
1229161636-600x375.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
One of those drilled in the handle top would make a good pendant to wear on a leather string around the neck. Keep the tamper extra-handy.

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
@Winton, Don't know the type of wood they are. But I can tell you when I was finished with these three my tools needed a good sharpening. I don't know what I will do with them yet, maybe put them on the table during the pipe club meeting and listen to the remarks. Heck I have no idea what they could be sold for.

@Mso489 would be an unusual pendant and some questions would come.
Working on an idea for the next tamper exchange.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
phxrock, I mostly don't wear things around my neck, a little afraid someone might strangle me. But I do always fish around in my pockets for a tamper, or misplace them on cluttered furniture. So I mostly use pipe nails which, being inexpensive, never seem to get lost, or not for long. Still, a pendant tamper would definitely be handy, maybe a small one that would be inconspicuous and look good. I do have a nice willow tamper with what might be a briar tip, but I don't wear it, from Two Cousins, that came with a pipe cabinet they did for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.