PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnietosi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2012
I went to Iwanries today, I felt like I needed some new tobaccos for my two new pipes.
IMG_5469_zps3b0f5b6c.jpg

I am excited about trying this guys but I finally decided for Dunhill Flake for my new Jirsa. Great smoker, awesome feeling at hand. Very happy about it. Just one objection: First smoke, third of a bowl and it lasted me more than an hour... I dont know if i will ever smoke it whole.
IMG_5468_zpse12a514e.jpg

Here a picture of my still unsmoked Tim West still larger.
IMG_5471_zps795a3099.jpg

And I figure that I will show you guys the rest of my collection.
IMG_5473_zps4b0012be.jpg

My first Churchwarden. To be honest not so happy about this one. Wont buy a churchwarden online ever, it is impossible to get a good feeling of it.
IMG_5470_zpsc11cf8ee.jpg

My Savinelli florence. Awesome smoker, again large. Great in hand.
IMG_5472_zpsd9ef5ed5.jpg

First Poker... I will be getting more of this ones. Smokes great. So far I have smoked Aged Burley Flake and Butera Royal Cake on it. But I m considering giving a try to some English looking blend on it and see how it goes.
That's about it. Today at iwr i had to force myself not to look into the huge pipe selection. I fear I would have come back home with a new one. XD
Cheers,
D

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Nice haul, and awesome looking pipes... Love that Tim West.

plet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2012
Denmark
I think your churchwarden looks awesome!
Love the Stanwell poker as well!

dnietosi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2012
As I said yesterday I gave a first smoke to the Jirsa. Mmmmm Jummy! Today is going to be Tim West, I m still at work thinking what to put on it. I m afraid of getting too much of a hit if I put in the ST James flake. Also I have a question, is there an order to smoke the tobaccos, like for example with cheese that you get the softer first. I find it confusing with tobacco cause it can be strong flavor, aroma, nicotine... What first? It doesnt matter? Anythoughts?
Puffs,
D

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
My first Churchwarden. To be honest not so happy about this one. Wont buy a churchwarden online ever, it is impossible to get a good feeling of it.
What is the problem with the Church Pete?

dnietosi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2012
Petes Churchwarden:
First it is impossible to run a pipe cleaner all the way. This I find annoying.
Second the stem is not well centered where it joints the pipe, leaving a extremely thing wall there.
Third, incredibly small bowl. It even makes hard to pack the tobacco, it is no nice to hold and the walls are so thin that is is impossible to smoke it without going hot. Someone will say, that will go away with some cake... well I have the feeling that if i build some cake on it I wont have a hole in the bowl at all.
As you can see i m not very happy about it. I think my next one will be a savinelli the look very cool and based on the very good experience with the florence I have, I hope it will be nice to smoke it.
Update: I finally started smoking the Tim West. This thing is huge, I smoke a third of the bowl for 1.5 hours. I tried it out with S James Flake. It was my first "real" VA/Per and it hit me hard. The pipe smokes better than perfect and it is so beautiful! :)

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Great post, friend. Lovely pipes and I'm green with envy that I don't live closer to Chicago. Walking into IWR is like sliding into a booth or onto a bar stool at a favorite watering hole or, if you're a traveling man, being greeted by name when you're check into a frequented hotel. Everybody feels good at joints like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.