PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

purplemotoman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
Thank you guys. I wanted to something a little different so I sanded the rim of the Whitehall to make it match the bottom. I sanded down the rim of the Bulldog to remove the dent. I lightened up the Denmark pipe to accent the pipe. I tightened up a couple of the stems because they fit a little loose.

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Nice work. Good decision on the Whitehall, its a very nice touch. Glad to see you back and doing restorations again. Hope to see more soon.

purplemotoman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
Thanks antbauers. Once I get my first pay from the new job there will be restos on the go again.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Nice work! You have really set the Whitehall off with sanding the rim! The Richmond looks nice also. I like the lighter finish.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Who could argue with the results of your efforts? Beautiful work! I'm curious to know more about technique, time involved, materials, equipment, and if you want to do some more?
Thanks for sharing these fine examples of what is possible to achieve with an old work of smoking art. That's hot!

purplemotoman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
Thanks everyone.

Condor...the job is going excellent. I love that not only did I finally find a job, but one in my favorite line of work.

Allan...I don't restrain at all. The Bulldog I sanded the whole pipe to a lighter shade, the Whitehall the rim just matches the strip on the bottom and the Denmark is just highlighted.

Newbroom...I am interested in doing more. I will send you a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.