Some People Just Suck

(60 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Nate
  • Latest reply from balkisobrains
  1. iamn8

Nate

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

On Wednesday morning I was out running errands. While leaving Walmart I saw my car and almost threw up. Someone did this to my Cayman. Obviously not an accident. Someone targeted my car and did this on purpose. I've filed a claim, but now must find a way to focus my rage since it's unlikely I'll ever know who did this. Unbelievable some people. In the space I was parked the laws of physics don't allow for this to be just an accident. I was parked next to car that hadn't moved when I returned. So my poor car is at the Porsche shop sad/angry

photo 34B54F3D-8668-40CA-B27C-C4696B007132_zpsuqpiw2gj.jpg photo 3EAAE198-F7FA-426D-8EA4-833EE945AF09_zpsmmqlgjpc.jpg

Nate @ Moody AL
    Posted 2 years ago #
  2. davet

davet

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My heart just dropped, that's terrible

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That sucks. I'm sorry. Wait... the Walmart that you went to has a fence with barbed wire at the top?
    Doesn't a Porsche being at a Walmart sort of start some sort of blackhole of irony?

I hope getting it fixed goes seamless and smooth for you. I had gotten a brand new Monte Carlo SS for graduation, and I didn't have it but for a month and it started mysteriously getting dings and scratches from just typical redneck angst in parking lots. I soon just gave in to my surroundings and switched to trucks and have never went back.

Michael
    Posted 2 years ago #
  4. addamsruspipe

addamsruspipe

Login to Send PM

That's so sad. I'm a insurance adjuster and I see that type of thing all the time. So many people just have no respect for other people's property. Nice car by the way.

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. iamn8

Nate

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Lol that last photo is at Tom Williams Porsche. You know it's funny, I got the same response from an old friend in Montana when he saw my car. "Get a truck and you needn't worry". I'm just not a truck guy at all. They're nice to look at, but wouldn't wanna live there.
    Oh and I'm the member of a rare subsection of Porsche society, the poor disabled Porsche owners club. We shop at discount stores.

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. iamn8

Nate

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks Adam! Yeah I bet you do see that a lot! I'm curious to hear from my adjuster once he sees it. Luckily I have total coverage and even get a nice rental car.

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. davet

davet

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've always thought that how you behave when nobody is watching says a lot about you......in this case cowardly

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

mothernature

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I can't stand crap like this. I don't have a fancy car, and nor do I shop at Wal-Mart, but property is property and when someone messes with someone else's stuff... it's enraging. I don't blame you for being super pissed. I would go into Wal-Mart and ask to see their surveillance video. Did you file a police report? I see videos of people doing dumb shit at stores like Wal-Mart every night on the evening news. I would try to get some answers and not let something like this just go. Good luck dealing with it all. I hate stress that's brought on by others, but there seems to be a lot of it these days. We are living in idiot times.

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. mikestanley

mikestanley

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

You could make a
    Police report and the police could get outdoor camera footage (assuming this Walmart has outdoor cameras) and between indoor and outdoor footage, well, it can be done. If this had happened in a Walmart in my jurisdiction, the bad guy could be identified.

Mike S.

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. agnosticpipe

Orley

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

So sad that people feel the need to do stuff like this. Did you check with Walmart management? They have security cameras all over the place and you might find the culprit and or the car they drive.

The pipe smoker formerly know as agnostic pipe
    "Fried food, hard liquor, and tobacco, that's the holy trinity!"- Stacy Keach
    Posted 2 years ago #
  11. philobeddoe

Philo Beddoe

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It's almost certain this d-bag either was just in the store or went right in after doing this to your car, either way there are very good photos of him inside the store, if they caught even a crappy pic of him denting your car, they can match them up.

"So it goes." - K.V.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  12. ashdigger

ashdigger

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yes, most some people suck.

Ubi Ignis Est?
    Posted 2 years ago #
  13. samcoffeeman

samcoffeeman

Login to Send PM

Life lesson #241:. Don't drive your Porsche to Walmart.

Seriously tho, that sucks.

Posted 2 years ago #
  14. warren

warren

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nate: Too bad. I presume your insurance company required a police report. Mike is right. With some video the assho.... 10-32 (in my department's radio code )will quickly face some uncomfortable moments.

A man without a shillelagh is a man without an expedient.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  15. wyfbane

wyfbane

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

To see such travesty happen to a thing of such beauty is surely an affront to any sensible man. (sorry been reading a lot of literature lately.)

Life lesson #241:. Don't drive your Porsche to Walmart.

My gut reaction as well. I'm not saying the vast majority of Walmart shoppers aren't good, I am just saying that you run an exponentially higher risk of encountering that person who is a jealous prick AND is just ignorant enough to do something about it...

the poor disabled Porsche owners club. We shop at discount stores.

If you can afford the maintenance schedule on a Porsche, I think we have different definitions of poor... lol

Posted 2 years ago #
  16. wyfbane

wyfbane

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hope this raises your spirits.

Don't Mess With a Man's Car!

Posted 2 years ago #
  17. User has not uploaded an avatar

framitz

Login to Send PM

I hate to say but the characteristics of America sinking is apparent at questionwalmart politics and morality. Shel

Posted 2 years ago #
  18. User has not uploaded an avatar

framitz

Login to Send PM

I hate to say but the characteristics of America sinking is apparent at questionwalmart politics and morality. Shel

Posted 2 years ago #
  19. balkisobrains

balkisobrains

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'd be surprised if someone had targeted your car on purpose, but anything is possible. There's that drag mark to the left of the dent. Just as likely someone hooked you with their brush-guard and kept on going. At the end of the day, picking the best shop to get it fixed is the main thing here. I'm guessing that that could be fixed pretty easily if they know what they are doing, possibly without doing major metal work (new panel). They might be able to push it out from the inside with braces and air bladders and work it from there, you'll probably end up with a very thin skim-coat of filler and some paint blending after all of that. It will take skill though, especially due to the location being a complex curve on a panel that you can't just unbolt and swap out if you need to. I doubt that they would have to cut that panel out and weld in a new one for that dent though.

Posted 2 years ago #
  20. cortezattic

Cortez

A part of the problem since he ...

Login to Send PM

Awful!
    So, you and the police jump through all the hoops to ID this dirtbag, apprehend, charge and prosecute him/her.
    If convicted -- and that's a big if -- the judge's sentence would probably be probation. You lose again.

I find myself sitting idly on the line dividing past and future,
    as if I could kill time without injuring eternity. -- Thoreau
    Posted 2 years ago #
  21. brian64

brian64

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yeah, that sucks big time. There are a growing number of brainwashed morons out there who are being conditioned to believe that anyone who has two nickels to rub together is the evil enemy. Walmart's definitely a good place to encounter some of them.

“Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out.” – George Carlin
    Posted 2 years ago #
  22. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Awful!
    So, you and the police jump through all the hoops to ID this dirtbag, apprehend, charge and prosecute him/her.
    If convicted -- and that's a big if -- the judge's sentence would probably be probation. You lose again.

Well, IF, and it's a big if, if said dirtbag is convicted, the judge would award damages..... The bigger IF is if he's able to pay.

I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  23. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Awful. That's how he treats his mother, wife, and children, no doubt. He thinks he's getting "it" back, but it just gets worse. He certainly admired your car, like that's a consolation. 'Sorry this happened and hope insurance and repair does right by you.

Posted 2 years ago #
  24. orobusto

orobusto

Login to Send PM

There is no justification to either accidentally do this and not own up to it or to do it for some spiteful reason. I am curious though. Since you are on disability Nate, do you park in a space for people with disabilities? Perhaps it was someone who saw you walking without assistance and thought you were parking illegally. I brought my 82 year old mother to the doctor once and we used her parking placard. I ran back to the car after I got her settled in and had someone yell profanities at me because there is no reason for me to be parked in that spot. Many people jump to conclusions and say or do stupid stuff. That being said, I hope they find the @#$%.

Posted 2 years ago #
  25. toobfreak

toobfreak

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Does the store have mall video cameras in the lot?

To Master Po: Is it not being able to see that makes you tire of life?
    Master Po: No! It is being able to hear!
    Posted 2 years ago #
  26. cacooper

cacooper

Login to Send PM

Malignant Narcissism is a world wide epidemic. It is infecting every segment of society, from politics, to personal relationships, to economic status, to smoking restrictions. "I'm always right and you're always wrong", "my opinion is the only opinion that matters", etc. It feeds jealousy. It festers to the point of rage and violence. It's very evident in the political world today but spreads like a disease into everyday encounters. Sad world we live in these days. I'm becoming a hermit more and more, and am very careful about my behavior in public, especially regarding smoking. I usually refrain when mixing with the masses. Never know when something you say or do will send one of these self-righteous people off the deep end in a fit of violent rage. I've experienced it first hand concerning smoking and don't relish a repeat performance. I got lucky and wasn't assaulted, but it was close. Too close. Be careful out there, folks.

Posted 2 years ago #
  27. wyfbane

wyfbane

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well said, cacooper.

Posted 2 years ago #
  28. indianafrank

indianafrank

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nate, that's awful. Hope they find the dirtbag. Yes, maybe the camera shows something.

I don't know where I'm going...but sooner or later I'll get there.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  29. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nate I feel real bad for you. People don't give a damn anymore. That's why my trips to town are far and few, last time I went to Academy a young fellow threatened me, I was waiting for a man to back out of a parking spot and when I went in he rushed up to my truck almost hitting it, I've got insurance didn't care if he hit my truck and he started to open his door and stopped when he saw what I had on the dashboard. It was an equalizer in 45 cal, needless to say it ain't worth it. Again to your Delima it sucks, no excuse for that.

The Old Cajun
    Posted 2 years ago #
  30. pipebeast

pipebeast

Login to Send PM

Holy Shit. I'm sorry to see that. I'm with the others on getting the security footage / filing police report.

Posted 2 years ago #
  31. brian64

brian64

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Malignant Narcissism is a world wide epidemic.

The only cure for Malignant Narcissism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5I7lXV9b88

Posted 2 years ago #
  32. balkisobrains

balkisobrains

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It would be interesting if you could get the tapes.

Posted 2 years ago #
  33. derfatdutchman

derfatdutchman

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nate that truly does suck, some people have no respect for other people property. Hope the claim goes smoothly.

"The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess, and there is no chance of getting more."
    Bismark
    Posted 2 years ago #
  34. perdurabo

perdurabo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nate that's terrible. Yep, you got to know that it was done on purpose. Jealous and greedy bastards. Some zombie saw Porsche and thought 1%. Assholes.

It's not my position nor want to help another man. It's his responsibility to help himself, as where he can learn to dig down deep enough to save himself. -I. Kidd
    Posted 2 years ago #
  35. pagan

pagan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That blows...

Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes
    Posted 2 years ago #
  36. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigpond

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Dude, the first rule of Porsche club....

Total bummer. You need a beater for Walmart.

Posted 2 years ago #
  37. balkisobrains

balkisobrains

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'd still be surprised if someone did that just to do it. Possibly if it was in a handicapped spot and someone thought that it should not be there, or possibly there is more to the background story that we don't know about. Were you parked like a knob? I'm thinking more and more that someone in a larger vehicle drove into you by mistake, probably going in reverse at a low speed, and then just took off without leaving any info.

Posted 2 years ago #
  38. drwatson

drwatson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

OUCH! That sucks, feel bad for you. But as pointed Don't go to WT-MART in a car like that.

John
    Posted 2 years ago #
  39. iamn8

Nate

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thank you for all the kind wishes for my baby Porsche! Nope, never parked in a handicapped space before and still no word from Progressive on how long this will take. I am NOT patient.

So I have to buy a beater if I wanna go to Walmart? Kinda ruins the entire discount thing

Posted 2 years ago #
  40. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigpond

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nate, you don't need a beater if you don't shop ay Walmart.

BTW: you now know why the mall parking lot always has that one car parked all the way at then end of the lot, all alone.

Posted 2 years ago #
  41. iamn8

Nate

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

There are those who drive a Porsche because they're wealthy, but there are a few who are poor because they drive a Porsche. These people often have to shop at Walmart because their income requires it. As soon as I'm able, I'll have a 360deg motion sensitive camera installed. I have a sinking feeling this might be only the first time this happens.

Posted 2 years ago #
  42. toobfreak

toobfreak

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Personally, I think it must have been an accident because it looks like it must have taken something large and with a hard corner to make that dent. Maybe they were carrying something, lost control and accidentally dropped it or backed up into the car. The troubling part is that the person doing it did not leave a note of accountability.

OTOH, you find the worst kind of people at Walmart. I absolutely hate going to the place. It is very possible someone took offense at the car as a sign of class envy. In either case, Walmart has cameras everywhere and the solution lays there for you or your insurance company.

Posted 2 years ago #
  43. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

A few weeks ago, I had to run into Walmart to buy girl stuff for my daughters, and I ran into a friend from the Briary. I felt like I was just caught, lights turned on finding me in a terrorist plot cell, a cabal. I hate being seen in that place. It's as bad as having to go into a liquor store, of which I will only do if life or death is at stake. However, I have no problems at all going to other places. The Briary, adult bookstores, I'll even shop Victoria's Secret for the wife. I don't even have a problem going to the Thrift Store. But the idea of going in a Walmart or the liquor store raises the hairs on the back of my neck. weird, huh

Posted 2 years ago #
  44. ashdigger

ashdigger

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Interesting how many people are jumping on the "Walmart people are jealous of money" and that caused this to happen. In reality it's people who have money and position that screw over more people.

One car, while a tragedy, is just a car. Wealthy people who have power, authority and position ruin lives.

I'm no Marxist and I don't shop Walmart, but painting some folks by a random incident is pretty fucked up.

But I feel in need to reiterate.....some people still suck.

Posted 2 years ago #
  45. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I really don't think some poor rusty truck driving guy would intentionally swipe a parked Porsche, unless it was double parked with cones on both sides of it, in which I am guilty of thinking about running my key down myself. However, some drunk old lady with her half blind husband could very well have backed into it and not even known... knowing the folks I see at WalMarts.
    Yeh, poor people don't tend to set around and talk bad about the rich. Or, at least I have never heard of such. However, a drunk woman who's crammed herself into a pair of yoga pants two sizes too small... not paying attention...

I find it hard to believe that people walk around with some sort of financial-class agenda in mind. Maybe a handful of crazy people, but overall, I don't think the world works that way, at least in what I have seen.

Posted 2 years ago #
  46. toobfreak

toobfreak

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Wealthy people who have power, authority and position ruin lives. But painting some folks by a random incident is pretty f---ed up.

Hmm, really, Ash? You don't see a staggering contradiction between those two statements? If you don't shop Walmart, how do you know who shops there? I've met some pretty seedy and even dangerous people there, but very few if any CEO's.

Rich or poor, you can be an ass and screw over others. I know some damned nice people from both camps. Being poor doesn't make you good nor does being successful automatically make you evil or an ass. Being an ass makes you an ass.

A lot of rich people started off dirt poor and worked their ass off to get out of poverty. A lot of rich people have had bad luck befall them and are now struggling to make ends meet.

Bottom line, no poor person ever gave me a job, created a company or hired 10,000 people and put food on my dinner plate. Me, I don't drive a Porsche, but whenever I go anywhere, I park far and away from most of the others in the safest place I can park, even if I have to walk a lot farther.

Posted 2 years ago #
  47. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I think that Ash was saying the same as you Toob.

Overgeneralizations...

Posted 2 years ago #
  48. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Tim I second your views, let's give most Walmart people a pass. I used to have a Condo in an exclusive little fishing community, for years I had an old scrappy place, my father was a Shrinper for years, I worked for Exxon, brought the Shrimpers children good clothes from Baton Rouge donated by my Buddies at Exxon. I used to be quite the mechanic I fixed their equipment when I could for nothing , our fun thing was throwing the cast net at the dams in the Marsh Island Reserve for shrimp. My point is comeing up. The little folks at the dam were kind, the big fancy boats were not. One example, one day we were throwing a cast net in the middle of about a 30 ft walkway on the dam, wife threw a 6 ft cast net better than a man. In comes a very fancy fisherman cuts power and glides right where we were, 3 Sports with the latest gear on says hey we are going fishing in the Gulf and we"ll just cut in get a few live shrimp and be gone. Now that was a no no, you never cut in, you waited your turn, and if he would have asked I would have given them the shrimp they needed. But I was a Deplorable, didn't know it then, they were the money people. I told the head dick, you see this 8 ft cast net it weighs about 5 lbs with the lead, you come on this dam I"ll whip you to a pulp with it. You see a poor person has to give in to one with a fancy boat, he went away . Acts of kindness at the dams were generated by the poor people not the fancy. Walmart is just a place, your mind is something else, most Walmart people will help you change a flat,Nemin Marcus people won't.

Posted 2 years ago #
  49. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Not all Walmarts are created equal. Ours is where you buy crack or rent a girl for a few hours. I have seen some nice ones, but not all are your friendly neighborhood store.

Posted 2 years ago #
  50. ashdigger

ashdigger

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Toob, "no poor person ever gave me a job". You must enjoy fishing for Red Herrings.

Posted 2 years ago #
  51. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Alright, alright... you know a good blend for waiting in the repair shop for your car? Maybe a good flake, something to get the taste of defeat out of your mouth, like maybe Strang? Carter Hall? Suggestions?

Posted 2 years ago #
  52. iamn8

Nate

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm going to refrain from the class talk. Ain't nobody changing nobody's mind here.

My car is at the Porsche dealership and will be made good as new again by Porsche trained body people. Get this, it'll be ready mid-end of next week and cost under a grand, $500 of which is my deductible. I'm still pissed, but so happy I'll have my car next weekend

Posted 2 years ago #
  53. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigpond

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ugh. The deductible is pain but at least you'll have it done quick.

Posted 2 years ago #
  54. brian64

brian64

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That's good news Nate.

My two cents on the "class" issue:

I don't think anyone is suggesting that character is determined by "class"...or by shopping at Walmart. There are good and bad in every segment of society.

But we are discussing the very specific nature of the incident in question here. IF it was done intentionally as the OP suggested it was:

Obviously not an accident. Someone targeted my car and did this on purpose.

then the motive seems rather obvious, does it not?

It's not the type of thing that a wealthy person of low character would do...they would stab you in the back in other ways. But it is the type of thing that someone of low character on the lower end of the economic scale would be tempted to do to a Porsche parked at Walmart. Simple as that.

Posted 2 years ago #
  55. ravkesef

ravkesef

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nate, nothing to contribute except to say how very sorry I am that some troglodyte did that to your beautiful car. I drive a Benz and have had a similar experience. Some people just can't stand it when someone drives a nicer car than they do. The car will be fixed like new, but no one can compensate you for the heartache you experienced.

Eric
    Posted 2 years ago #
  56. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigpond

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well said Eric. One question, are you looking to adopt?

Posted 2 years ago #
  57. User has not uploaded an avatar

instymp

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nate, sorry someone did that. Because for a while, even thought they will fix it, you know somebody dinged your baby.
    This too will pass.

Posted 2 years ago #
  58. deathmetal

deathmetal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That really sucks. Most people are not bad, but also not good. They resent anyone who has more than them, and never think to wonder about the story behind the situation.

See if Walmart has video?

"My own experience has been that the tools I need for my trade are paper, tobacco, food, and a little whiskey." -- William Faulkner

The Metal Mixtures
    Posted 2 years ago #
  59. iamn8

Nate

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks Metal du Morte.... I assume the police will deal with it. Walmart won't supply me with video... at least in the past when I've demanded video of the women's changing room area they've refused and given me weird looks as if they've never had anyone ask before. Whatev.

I got an email from the body shop this morning. It's been a long while since I've had a car in a body shop and was shocked to hear they actually have modernized. I can log on anytime to see what's happening with my car, thereby lessening the obvious trauma and separation anxiety both my Porsche and myself are going through. I assume, of course, that my car can check in on me also.
     photo 1A34806D-D9E6-44FC-B900-25B26CF15AD9_zpshzziqudr.jpeg

Posted 2 years ago #
  60. balkisobrains

balkisobrains

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Real collision centers are usually at least a notch above a body shop, and it sounds like you have factory-trained techs working on it, so I would not be worried. Probably the only way the Ins.Co. will pay the bill is to have those guys do the work.

What do they have to do to fix that? They'll probably take pics during the repair.

Posted 2 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   lawayna, dmcmtk, didimauw