hemsworth

Might Stick Around
May 27, 2013
Thanks to Rich at 4noggins for making this possible! :puffpipe: :mrgreen:
img_1342-600x450.jpg

hemsworth

Might Stick Around
May 27, 2013
I just wanted to add that I am trying Bald Headed Teacher in my new Savenelli right now and it is a wonderful tobacco! I am just having a great time with the world of pipes. I feel a little sad that my cigars have been somewhat ignored as of late but I'm sure I will return to them shortly.

hemsworth

Might Stick Around
May 27, 2013
Thanks! I'm really loving the Bald Headed Teacher. I will definitely have to pick up a much larger quantity very soon.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Very nice selection you've got going there.
Which tobacco is in that 100g tin of McClellands?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
hemsworth, great selection and nice to see you having so much fun. Don't be surprised if you do not look at your cigars the same way ever again. I was a huge cigar guy for a long time and to my tastes, pipe tobacco just has much more going on than cigars. Taking into account the difference in prices, pipes and pipe tobacco is a much cheaper way to enjoy tobacco. I used to smoke a lot of aged Cuban cigars along with top of the line Fuente's and Padrons, and I do not miss the expense.

hemsworth

Might Stick Around
May 27, 2013
Which tobacco is in that 100g tin of McClellands?
That's St. James Woods. I heard a lot of good things about it.
Also let us know what you think of that C&D Sunday Picnic.
I really enjoy the Sunday Picnic...I'm not at the stage yet to give a proper review but I find it has a nice, faintly sweet undertone with this almost jalapeno bite...not overwhelming, really unique. From what I've been reading, I guess that would be perique? The aftertaste was like a had ate a fruit cake. Very enjoyable and I will be buying more.

hemsworth

Might Stick Around
May 27, 2013
I do not miss the expense
I hear you there. I've got quite a few boxes of Cubans tucked away in a cooler aging nicely! :roll:

Actually, they still have a place with me. If I'm putzing about in the garage or out in the boat, then I'll be grabbing the cigars. The pipe seems to demand that I just sit and pay attention.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Have you tried the Escudo yet? It deserves all the hype that's for sure.

hemsworth

Might Stick Around
May 27, 2013
Have you tried the Escudo yet? It deserves all the hype that's for sure.
Yes I have. I had purchased one tin a couple of weeks ago. The rest were immediately added to my next order.

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
Actually, they still have a place with me. If I'm putzing about in the garage or out in the boat, then I'll be grabbing the cigars. The pipe seems to demand that I just sit and pay attention.
The pipe can demand attention, but it doesn't always need to distract you. The routine of packing, lighting, and tamping becomes habit over time. Some tobaccos are distracting, and when I need to focus I'll smoke Carter Hall or McClelland 's Bulk No.5100 Red Cake.
The only time I find myself wanting a cigar is when I'm undeniably in the mood for a normal Padrón to take me back to some fond memories. I don't smoke those fancy new series that cost more than an entire tin of pipe tobacco, so the expense isn't that great. The larger difficulty is finding someone who carries them.

hemsworth

Might Stick Around
May 27, 2013
when I need to focus I'll smoke Carter Hall or McClelland 's Bulk No.5100 Red Cake.
I have an order coming in which I have included a tub of Carter Hall just for that very reason. I need to order a grab bag of corn cobs as well. I have found that if I try to smoke a pipe while doing other things, I tend to clench unnecessarily hard on the stem.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
That is a great start hemsworth and a fine collection.
I had a cigar two weeks ago driving back from a meeting and do miss them in the car. Not sure if any of you have ever driven on the NJ Turnpike but needing to relight a pipe and wanting to live don't mix well. Once a cigar is lit I am good.
Like you I find I clench a bit when smoking my pipe and doing other things, so I do tend to rather just sit and sip.

hemsworth

Might Stick Around
May 27, 2013
needing to relight a pipe and wanting to live don't mix well
This was my experience the first time that I tried to smoke a pipe while driving. Tamping and relighting as causing the lives of everyone around me to be put at a serious risk!

Status
Not open for further replies.