PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pentangle

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
Recently i have acquired some thousands of briar plateau and ebauchons all around the mediterranean sea.Here are some of the pipes i carved in the last weeks.Rusticated are made with Grecian and Spanish briar, Straight grains with Italian briar (Calabrian,Ligurian,Tuscan).The first has an olive tree insert.The last one The volcano is made by walnut and has a briar insert

That's all Folks!

Maurizio
dsc3592t.jpg

dsc3595k.jpg

dsc3596w.jpg

dsc3598s.jpg

dsc3601.jpg

dsc3603g.jpg

dsc3604y.jpg

dsc3608p.jpg

dsc3609.jpg

dsc3610.jpg

dsc3611b.jpg

dsc3613q.jpg

dsc3615h.jpg

dsc3626p.jpg

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Was going to the same tokerpipes, 2nd from the bottom is just my style.
excellent shapes and quality as usual, maurizio, thanks for sharing.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Nice job Maurizio! Interesting shapes and textures -makes me want to start carving again.

pentangle

Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
The pipe You have posted here in the forum needs a brother!......or a sister :) I see you have a good hand

Maurizio

briarbird

Can't Leave
Dec 7, 2011
Siete i benvenuti. La mia famiglia e dalla Sicilia. I do not know much Italian, but it is next on my asperations of learning, once I finish my degree in teaching.

pentangle

Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
Well i have a degree in modern literature especially in north american literature.But I do not know much English and the american language is also different.So im' like an elephant in a crystal store.I'm trying to do my best

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Mille grazie per mostrare questo !
Nice work Pentangle. I especially like #4 with the translucent stem. Is it Perspex ? I'm a sucker for special stems.

Also like that little bent pot in number #5. Nice proportions on that one and it looks like it would sit great in my hand :rofl:

The third preferred would be #7, although I have never really been a fan of square bowls, this one somehow seems to pull it off with the birdseye on the rim.
Excellent work ! Che bel lavoro !! ;-)

pentangle

Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
The festival of Italian language! I really appreciate guys Thank you !
The stem is transparent lucite but i think could be called perspex guess is the same

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Love the second from the bottom, I sadly, have no Italian to share. It is my favorite country I have ever visited though, I lived with some extended family for about a month. Beautiful country, nice people, great food. It sure would be a wonderful place to live

sorringowl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Nice work! Bellissima! Always nice to see work by pipemakers! I love the Italians! Some of the best pipemakers in the world!

koalamonster

Lurker
Feb 19, 2012
These pipes are all amazing. I would have a very hard time just picking one. They are all uniquely beautiful.

havanarick

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Texas
I do not know if there is an Italian translation, but in English "Outstanding works of art".. :clap:

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
Stunning as always, as close to perfect as perfect can be, but, "my" blue piece of artistry will always reign supreme in your repertoire in my eyes :)
LOL I even went out & bought some blue dye to renovate one of mine & call it "My Maurizio".

martin

Might Stick Around
Apr 26, 2011
I'd be proud to own any (or all!) of those pipes. Beautiful works of art.

Status
Not open for further replies.