PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I have been as busy as hell at work lately and haven't had much time for the forum. Just got home and saw that I missed all the excitement of the Kyle Black thread, lol. In any event, I picked up a few new pipes I thought I would post.
First up is a JT Cooke Chubby Billiard:

Next up is an unsmoked Ruthenberg - this has a very different blast than I have ever seen from Brian:

Finally, a pure impulse buy that I truthfully didn't expect to win - it seemed to be going low so I lobbed in a bid. I am not a big Dunhill guy but this Thames Oak limited edition (only 500 made, and this is #416) caught my eye. According to my research:
"The oak used in the making of this titanium band and tampers is from an actual section of the first Roman port facilities built in London around 63 AD.
The wood was discovered during excavations by the Museum of London´s Archeological Service on a site just north of London Bridge.
Using the extremely accurate method of dendrochronology, with is used to calibrate dating, this wood has been certified, by University College London, to have grown from 186 BC to 63 AD."
I have seen these go for much more than I paid for it so I think I got a decent deal.

Dec 24, 2012
Pete - I was thinking the same thing - looks like it was rusticated and then blasted. Not sure I have ever seen anything like that before.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
peck, awesome looking pipes. The Cooke is of course a killer, love that color. That Ruthenberg was in my watch list and I was wondering what it would go for, I thought you got a damn good deal. I had never seen that type of blast from him before. I wonder if Parks got his idea for that craggy, rusticated like type blast from him or maybe Brian got it from Parks, it is very cool looking. That Dunhill is totally cool, love the history of it and it is a great looking pipe. I hope they all smoke great for you buddy, congrats.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
A pretty diverse group! But, they have one thing in common - each one is a beauty!

The age of that Dunhill wood tamper is hard to understand, 65 AD, wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.