PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
So some more has come in. Whomever recommended the FLN pipes, well done mate, they are stellar. At $50 a real steal.
FLN #1 Love the green stem.
fln1-600x450.jpg

FLN #2 The stem is bronze/black.
fln2-600x450.jpg

And lastly a Wiley, marked Patina 10. This is a huge pipe. The outside bowl diameter is 2". The extra design on the shank is 2 tone black/cream, a nice touch.
wileypatina-600x450.jpg

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Nice pipes! I like the green stem too. I have 7 freehands, most from the 80s, and I like em. You got some nice briar there, my friend.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I do believe FLN is Floyd Norwood. He makes some excellent looking pipes; I'm sure you'll be happy with yours, Pipeinhand.
By the looks of it he's using premade stems, not that this is a bad thing. On the contrary, I think Floyd is extremely smart because this reduces his production costs (which he is obviously passing on to the consumer) and this gets his name and his brand out there.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
Just smoked some Halfling's Leaf in the green stem and it was great. The draw was clean and open. The wide bit makes the tooth feel easy to hold. The big deep bowl burned down to a nice ash with no dottle. All and all a good smoking pipe for the money. It smoked as good as my last Nording albeit a bit heaver than the Nording. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.