PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
Setting her with my wife watching the Nationwide Series race and smoking my pipe with some 1-Q. Life could not get much better.

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
I disagree, it could get better if the NASCAR you were watching was from roughly 1984-1995 when the racing was way better than the boy-band reject drivers we have today. Waltrip, Cale, Rusty, and Bill in their primes would WIPE THE TRACK with every single driver today. They would blow them all right off the track in the first lap.
Well, at least you have your wife and 1-Q!!!
:)

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Adam you forgot to mention the 3 car. Probably on purpose because he was a zillion times better than the old school drivers you mentioned save Cale. There is no one alive that could see the wind or the slot like Iron Head Earnhardt. I could never get back into it after that fateful day in February 2001. But hey, if your into the sport, got a good lady by your side, and good baccy in your pipe. Why sure, that sounds like bliss to me.

adam12

May 16, 2011
All I can say is, I saw the Pass In the Grass. Live, with my own eyes. When it happened, everyone stood there and looked at each other and mouthed "no way".

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
All I can say is, I saw the Pass In the Grass. Live, with my own eyes. When it happened, everyone stood there and looked at each other and mouthed "no way".
Haha yea, I saw that race on tv and my reaction was. I like that guy! No matter who you like it's just not the same for me anymore. Had a friend that was a huge Kuwicki fan. He was able to get back into it after his death. I just couldn't do it. Anyway to make that level of racing today is a feet in itself I'm sure.

adam12

May 16, 2011
Damn, you mentioned Kulwicki. Easily one of the top 5 drivers of all time.
He was Sprint way before there was Sprint: a real entrepreneur. A driver's driver.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Yea, I really respect him immensely. He was a humble mechanical engineer that won NASCAR's biggest prize. Truly a great great man! I respect all the Independents that try to make it in the business. I really Liked J.D McDuffy a bunch also. He only had enough money to run a few races each year until Olive Garden sponsored him. I always likes seeing him with his cigar. That stupid hairpin at Watkins Glen ended his life.

adam12

May 16, 2011
I think he used to drive in cowboy boots all the time.
I may have that wrong, but that's what I remember about JD.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
In those days you could build your own car and race it.They were great drivers but so were the car builders.Todays cars are cookie cutter cars dictated by NASCAR to all be the same.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I was thinking the same Puffy. Just like the IROC series but different you know.

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
I am a great NASCAR fan. Especially, of the top ten and particularly of Danica Patrick! Just imagine... 100 pounds sopping wet and only 5'-2" tall going 196 miles per hour. She has a lot of nerve and I admire her for it. I am looking forward to her first win! Below is an autographed picture I got from Danica. I also have two lug nuts from her tire change. I prefer to call them "love-nuts".

click on picture to enlarge:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
My wife enjoys NASCAR, too. However, the framed autographed picture of Danica is "next to" my wife's picture standing beside the Green Bay Packers Super Bowl Trophy! She has her favorites, too!

click on picture to enlarge:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Status
Not open for further replies.