Some interesting estate pipes w/before and after!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Johs Pipes
48 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes
72 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
3 Fresh Il Cerchio Pipes
4 Fresh Todd Johnson Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
Got some pipes that I found very interesting. Many here seem to really enjoy the pipe pics as much as I do so here are a few for ya.

I did these in before and after to show off what I have learned here about cleaning/restoring pipes. Not to brag on me, but rather to say thank you to those who are so helpful here with the posts and walk through's. They really help!!! Btw, these pipes have not had their final buff on the wheel yet but It's going to be awhile before I get a suitable buffer and I was borrowing the one I had.

Really cool Cosmopolitan Zulu shape

BEFORE

newpipes019.jpg

AFTER

newpipes029.jpg

WDC Seville Canadian

newpipes024.jpg

AFTER

newpipes035.jpg

Tinder Box Meer Lined. Has spot that fill is low so it looks like a dent :( Any suggestions?

newpipes023.jpg

AFTER

newpipes030.jpg

Now for my favorite one of this bunch. I have wanted a Church Warden from the minute I started smoking a pipe and now I have one!

GBD Concord 999

newpipes014.jpg

AFTER!!!

newpipes031.jpg

Thanks guys, hope you enjoyed the pics!

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
Oxy-clean and micro-mesh pads. If I hit them with the wheel they will get deep black 8)

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Awesome pics! Great job. And they think the housewifes are responsible for the increase in oxyclean and magic eraser sales. :rofl:

patiobum

Nov 5, 2009
Baytown,Texas
Very good job!!
Don't you love the way a stem looks during the process of changing from oxidation to a warm black glow??

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Does regularly cleaning the stem of a pipe after smoking it with alcohol aid in the oxidation or hurt the stem in any way? Or should I be using warm soapy water?

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Nice work indeed!
I've never seen a stem get damaged from cleaning with alcohol, tbh. Will it keep the stem from oxidizing? Probably not, but using something like Obsidian Oil can help keep it looking great.
I have a couple of Peterson's that no matter what I do to the stem, the oxidation sometimes still shows.

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
Thanx guys :oops:

The GBD is MINE but the others will be for sale after I clean/sweeten and shine them up. Keep an eye out for them on the for sale/trade thread. I bought the whole lot of them just for the Church Warden. I'm happy and if the members want the others then you guys get first dibs before I flea-bay them. :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.