PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
I had a great smoke earlier while listening to this music. Especially this 21 minute long number. I think I'll listen to his music more often. Enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmvM6syadl0&index=8&list=PLtQtDkpNHslQPXzPq78fT1gWo6OIUpJJH

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
Best song to listen to while smoking a pipe is the theme song from Popeye. Puffing in time to the toot helps to regulate a no-bite cadence.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Cool... Check out a minimalist outfit called Stars of the Lid. Excellent music to listen to while sitting back and enjoying a pipe.

pipedreamin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2016
Thanks for putting that up AR. I've come across AVZ in a few yt mixes, have not heard this one, good stuff. Now I just need the right Erik Nording or maybe a Jeppesen...

lohengrin

Lifer
Jun 16, 2015
I'm preparing a relaxing playlist that makes my smoking moments more pleasant.

Till now these are the songs:
Chris Botti: (Bach) Andante From Sonata 2 In A Minor For Unaccompanied Violin album: The Bach Variations

Ottmar Liebert: Shadows Nouveau Flamenco

Sade: Mermaid Love Deluxe

David Gilmour: Then I Close My Eyes Live In Gdansk I

The Pogues: Summer In Siam Hell's Ditch

Erik Satie: Gymnopedie For Piano n. 1 Cafè Del Mar Classics

Groove Armada: Fly Me To The Moon Late Night Tales

Serghei Rachmaninov: Rapsody On A Theme Of Paganini 100 Best 20th Century Classics

Pet Shop Boys: To The Shore Battleship Potemkin

lohengrin

Lifer
Jun 16, 2015
Sorry,I don't know why in the post the songs and the album titles came tied.

Anyway, I think you can distinguish them the same.

grue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2016
Plenty of different kinds of music but I will always relax to this magnificent album: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUDvRdDMc8k :)

jessicac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
Obstacles
This song is a relatively recent discovery and the soundtrack this is from is definitely part of my piping music at the moment.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Great stuff, all. I especially liked Anthony's Celtic tune. I'm going to pick out a album by the composer soon for iTunes. Celtic music goes very well with the pipe. But have any of you tried electronic space music, such as what's available from Hearts of Space? Very celestial music, perfect for late evenings with a pipe and stars.

pipedreamin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2016
This has to be my all time favorite pipe smoking music, been listening for decades, never gets old. Need to hear it live though to do it justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJmlD4_mABg

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I was a professional musician my whole life... I guess I burned it all out(retired now)... in a sort of a familiarity-breeds-contempt kind of thing... not a nasty contempt kind of thing... maybe just too much of a good thing instead. Anyways, and especially when trapped inside in winters, I put on nature-sound-scapes... app on the iPhone... rain forests, ocean-sides, deep forests, windy mesas, etc etc etc. I REALLY enjoy these whilst smoking... my mind goes far, far away... and I can be smoking my pipe laying on a tropical beach when north central PA is ice-locked. Ahhhhhhhhhhh....

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
I'm partial to The Chieftains and Planxty. Dark Side of the Moon (or any Pink Floyd really) is always great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.