PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Just came across this Etsy shop, and the pipes range from extremely weird to stunningly beautiful. Thoughts?
http://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/FashionPipes?page=1

irwinmetro

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
I'm no expert, but anytime I see a stock photo with a description including the word "Fashion" I head for the hills.
That said, they are upfront about the pipes being made of pearwood, and the stems are apparently ebonite so perhaps my prejudice is unwarranted. Definitely some interesting carving though.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
The business is owned by a guy in the Ukraine, but the work and pricing looks more like he bought it in Bali, Thailand, or Vietnam...looks to be some semi-tropical hardwood.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
I bought a pipe from them some time ago (not one of the weirdly carved ones, though) and found it to be of good quality, and a good smoker. It's listed on page 16 as "Carved "IRISH" Wood Pipe," although back then it was called the "Dot," and my only criticism is that it's a bit heavy for the bowl size, but that's because of the thick bowl walls, so I suppose that's a good thing.
Certainly a good value for the price.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
How do you smoke the rhino?
http://img1.etsystatic.com/007/0/6433943/il_570xN.402765189_htm2.jpg

bambam

Can't Leave
Jun 22, 2011
Virginia
They are pear wood pipes, they take a few smokes to break them in but once they are broken in they are decent smokers. They are decent beater pipes I use my when I'm doing yard work and other outdoor adventures. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.