PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Just a quick query concerning on cellaring/reserving U.S manufactured OTC Blends which sells in pouches, I got some few of pouches of SWR and PH, and now since they hard to get hands on them here in EU, I decided not to smoke them yet but put aside for future use, is that enough if I put them in original packages in plastic freezer hermetique bags, say for an extented period of half a year, will they be still usable after 6 month preserved this way, Thank You for your kind advice.Grazias,

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Buy jars. I've got more 8-ounce jars of Prince Albert than Carter's got liver pills. It keeps great that way. I don't trust bags for anything. Be advised, Shutterbugg will be along shortly to let you know OTC's aren't usable now, let alone after storing for six months.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Yes, I can't even imagine how long they sit on the shelves for before we buy them. They will be fine for that long.

There's probably enough PG in these blends that they should last quite a while without jarring them. I wouldn't waste a jar. A couple of years ago, I left a pack of Carter Hall in my tactor box at the end of summer, and then after an entire winter, rain, sun, the Spring heat, etc... the tractor setting there in the field awaiting me. And, alas, the Carter Hall was as fresh as the last day of summer.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Cosmic, yes I have pretty similar experience with few pouches of CH, I was wondering when the heck these will get dryer,Amphoras most the same,obviously they do also preserve moistness in them quite a period,,

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Paulie, if you can get ahold of Dr. Pepper where you live, try it with some Prince Albert. It's magical.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
Paulie, if you can get ahold of Dr. Pepper where you live, try it with some Prince Albert. It's magical.
I tried Dr. Pepper with my Prince Albert once... it made my pipe a mess. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.