Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestpipesmoker70

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2011
IL
A lot of stuff used to be in stock from a lot of different companies. What the heck is going on? I see Seattle Pipe Club is out of everything except for the large Deception Pass not to mention all the Sam Gawith and so many others...I don't like these changes, they are driving me mad :crazy:

Civil War

Lifer
Mar 6, 2018
I'm really not sure. The reviews looked really good and I like burley so I thought I would give it a try only to find that it was usually sold out.

pilotage16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2015
I’ve been out of the loop for the last year or so, Mcclelland gone, Dunhill no more, Sam Gawith all sold out. Thought Esostericaaa was the only hoarder brand. Lol. Oh well good thing I started my cellar in 2011, not huge but worth it.

Civil War

Lifer
Mar 6, 2018
Ok, I've developed a bit of TAD in preparation for the tobacco Apocalypse. I have this fear with increased intolerance and regulations that brands will go out of business and prices will increase substantially due to taxes (i.e. here in PA there is now (recently) an additional $ 0.55/ounce tax on pipe tobacco for PA residents).

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I have this fear ... that brands will go out of business and prices will increase substantially

The internet has been a blessing and curse for pipe tobacco. Lately more of a curse as we see the blessed blends nearing extinction and people have the ability to purchase immediately when blends are in stock. And that is why the good stuff is sold out quickly.
My ultimate "sleeper" blend is still under the radar though :wink:

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Silver Flake is still available though. That is very good stuff!

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
The reason Solani's ABF is rather scarce is beyond me, but the reason it is highly desired is this: it is a fantastic burley flake. I love Wessex's Burley Slice, too, yet Solani's has a slight more hint of Cocoa & Nuts, more so than in Wessex's Burley Slice. Also I like the tin presentation of Solani's ABF better than the recent tins of Burley Slice (some of the flakes are very stuck together in the round tins).

thomasw

Dec 5, 2016
@gkr1 ---> But are the ABF flakes sticking together in the round tins? The Wessex BS flakes do stick together... and I don't like that aspect of the presentation.

jazz

Feb 17, 2014
UK
But are the ABF flakes sticking together in the round tins? The Wessex BS flakes do stick together... and I don't like that aspect of the presentation.
Yep, this is one of the things that is really pi**ing me off about these round tins and my flakes. Don't even get me started on Dunhill and those absurd 100g tins that my 50g of flakes are arriving in. The old tins were really rather perfect for the job.
Why can't these despicable, interfering tossers get stuffed and leave me and mine alone?
I apologise but I'm really am very very sick of it.

zerohunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2017
ben88, Watch City Slices has more of a creamy BBQ flavor to it. ABF is nutty with baking spices, cinnamon, and a little tang. ABF is fantastic and the closest I've come to Edgeworth Sliced.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
It really makes no sense as to why ABF has been short of supply for years. All the other Solani flakes are usually in good supply. Even when sold out they get replenished on a regular basis. Solani may not be getting the type of leaf they need to keep a continual supply on the market. I cannot believe that it is more popular than their Silver Flake or 633. I think there are less straight burley lovers than Vaper and Vabur fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.