PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I haven't come across a Solani non aro that I didn't enjoy. 656 is a great burley!

redpanda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2015
Chasingembers: Which other Solani non aro would you recommend ? Thanks.

eddiegrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2009
Solani ABF is my favorite burley. It's great to smoke right out of the tin. I recommend smoking it in a large bowl with thick chamber walls. Personally, I like to eat a couple of squares of Lindt or Ghirardelli 86-90% cocoa bars before smoking it. Sounds silly or childlike, which it is, but it does enhance the gratification.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I like to eat a couple of squares of Lindt or Ghirardelli 86-90% cocoa bars before smoking it. Sounds silly or childlike, which it is, but it does enhance the gratification.
Not childish at all. I often enjoy Hershey's kisses or a mug of hot chocolate with my burley pipes.

redpanda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2015
Chasingembers: Try a mug of hot 100% Cocoa.
Eddiegrob: I have a friend, who's favorite thing is smoking a cigarette ( he smokes heavy stuff like Camels or red Boros ) while eating an icecream. He is in heaven when he does that !
It can fool you though. It is so smooth, you don't realise that it is also quite heavy tobacco. I was smoking bowl after bowl today, and it suddenly gave me a cough. I have not had a cough since I started smoking pipes a year ago.

P

pipebuddy

I like it but I have a preference for Wessex's Burley Slice - I find the flavours last longer than Solani's Burley Flake.

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
aged burley is great - try it in a cob, try it like the other gents said; with Chocolate...and don't quote me on this, but avoid beer

redpanda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2015
Pipebuddy: I have heard so many good things about this Essex burley sliced. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find it anywhere ! Is that made in the UK ? I have searched every online tobacconist I know of in the UK and they do not have it. I have a friend living in N Orleans who visits once a year and I am going to make him carry this and a bunch of other blends I'v been wanting to try.

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
I'm a big fan of Aged Burley Flake and enjoy the taste of Silver Flake but I find its roomnote very cigarette-y. Likely not a problem to some but for me it brings back too many bad memories of a house full of a car full of cigarette smoke and acute carsickness on family road trips. That paired with the substantial Nic-hit and I end up feeling fairly queezy by the end of a bowl.

eddiegrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2009
redpanda: Yes, like from most dark burleys, particularly an aged and pressed flake like this one, you can get a buzz. I think the light sugar in the cocoa bar helps me, though, as some sugar can help you handle the nic hit.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Another great burley for my list, or I should say, other great burleys.

atskywalker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 23, 2015
Canada
I have really tried to like ABF. I love Burly and almost all my favourite blends have burly in them but ABF was very unidimensional to my taste. Smoking it feels like "Something is about to happen" but it never does :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.