PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukester

Might Stick Around
Jan 12, 2011
Last night I was enjoying a pipe full of an English blend and my favorite soda. Strange combination but was good. Anyways, I am watching the TV and their was a former Pres. saying we need to ban SODA!!!!! This has left me speechless.

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
If that upsets you take a look at this thread.

Seems as if everything we enjoy is either being taken away or taxed beyond enjoyment these days.

Jul 15, 2011
I can't drink soda while I smoke. Gives me mouth scorch something god awful. Gatorade or lemonade when I am having a smoke, on the other hand, is just perfect.

lukester

Might Stick Around
Jan 12, 2011
Don't type that so loud!!! They might hear and will be after Gatorade next.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Is there ever any point in time in any part of any universe where this is not true? [:mrgreen:]
Just after brushing your teeth. I have yet to find a beer of any variety that compliments toothpaste. Unless you are camping - then all bets are off.

busyhands94

Might Stick Around
May 29, 2012
I like Dr. Pepper with my Captain Black white pouch, the Captain and the Dr. go well together!
Another good one is Prince Albert with black coffee.
~Levi

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I'll see your Dr. Pepper and raise you a White Russian to go with that CBW... Actually, while I don't mind CBW, I prefer Mac Baren 7 Seas Regular... Less Propylene Glycol and higher quality tobacco. But as with everything, YMMV....
-Jason

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
This is getting totally out of hand.I don't need some power hungry politican telling me what's good or bad for me.That's what I pay my doctor big bucks to do..Just for the official record he says that sodas are bad.Pipe smoking is OK.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Good ol' Coca Cola goes surprisingly well with most blends. Whiskey Coke is even better! Soda's bad for you, so I never drink it wothout Rum or Whiskey in it to counteract the bad part.

reichenbach

Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
Exactly, alcohol sterilizes the bad stuff and ZAPS it right out. Or out of your mind so you don't care. Stress is the real killer. So we need to get them to ban stress which would require a ban on banning things. Or is this a whole different can of worms?

lazydog

Apr 24, 2012
Constant Comment hot tea with a splash of Irish cream, creamer. I agree with Lord Noble. 7 seas regular. I'm stockpiling it for the future. If most politicians smoked a pipe, perhaps they might be more rational & curb their stupid banning and taxing campaigns. No, I forgot they are in fact politicians.

profpar

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2011
Buford, Georgia
I find on occassionally enjoy gingerale with a pipe. I also find it very helpful for someone or some entity to tell me what is good or bad for me. This way I know who or what to ignore as I continue to do as I dern well please. :D

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
I heard the reason they are banning soft drinks is because they caught some one putting soda pop in single malt...gasp.. :lol:

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I think we need to legalize prostitution and ban politicians. At least then when we’re about to get F… we have the opportunity to negotiate what it’s going to cost us!
I prefer coffee, water, scotch, or red wine with a pipe... :puffy:

busyhands94

Might Stick Around
May 29, 2012
EDIT: Good black coffee goes well with a lot of stuff actually. You just need to make it with a french press! Not too hot, just good and warm. It feels as though good coffee or something to drink when you smoke refreshes the palate, so you can taste the tobacco better. My thoughts on why this is would be that the coffee washes away the coating of tars, oils, and anything from the tobacco in your mouth and cleans the taste buds.
Maybe the soda's bubbles help remove the stuff from your mouth even better. All I know is Dr Pepper or Coke goes well with a pipe. Same with Sprite. Soda water doesn't really do it for me though.
Appearantly it's bad to smoke while you drink, for the tobacco and the alcohol pooling in your saliva can carry a lot of carcinogens and screw your mouth up. Then again I used to be a pretty heavy drinker and smoker, I still am a moderate smoker. I don't think sucking down Camel Wides with the filter torn off and homemade mule kick from a mason jar is the healthiest thing one can do, but I'm not dead. Either way I'm staying off booze.
~Levi

meech

Lurker
Apr 17, 2012
I like a nice root beer with my pipe. And +1 on a nice cold brew. Ohio finally got it's act together and got Yuengling, which goes rather well with a nice smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.