PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Hey everyone!
I've been sober from any drug use for six months now! Seems like a long time but I'm doing great!

Drugs definitely put me through hell along with my family. I stole more money then will ever be forgiven, lost trust that will take a lifetime to gain back, put myself behind, lost friends, lost part of my education, and was put on probation.

The list is long but what can you expect from something so evil.

I'm scheduled to be off probation on the 19th of June if all goes well and I'm sure it will.

I know that I am new to the community, but you guys have done your job helping me without even knowing it! I'm always on the forum which keeps me occupied along with the great hobby I have picked up. If I can keep myself busy which I seem to do well with work and all I think staying clean will be easy once off probation.

Going to my local community college starting this week and I hope to be going to Eastern Michigan in the fall.

It feels so good to have a clear mind and finally be able to enjoy things going on around me that I couldn't enjoy before when I wasn't sober. All I ever focused on was a high.

No, I'm still not perfect but I've come a long way and I have no intentions of throwing away the progress I've made.

If any of you have had troubles with drugs yourselves, or maybe a loved one did please feel free to share how it changed you.

Not much good comes from drugs but one thing it did make me was wiser, and probation has made me much more mature.

Anyway I wanted to share that with you all! Thanks guys for being my new family!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Congratulations on being sober for so long!
I've got no first hand experience with anyone using drugs but I recognize how monumentally difficult it is to kick the habit. And for that I applaud you.
Sports always helped me kick any craving I had. Finding a hobby that truly makes you happy is key.
Glad to have you here.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Congrats...6 months is quite a milestone. We are glad your enjoying this group and keep up the good work!

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Congrats bro. It's not easy to admit these kinds of things and it's not easy to completely turn your life around as you are doing. Cheers to you. Feel free to talk any time you need to talk and let us know if there is anything we can do to help you on your road to a new life.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I have a son who was bad into drugs, did the whole thing with him, rehab, and now he"s 44yrs old , works in an operating room, good job, the one thing he and I took away from this, he had to shuck some of his bad influence friends. You can do it, cingratulions, Tbradsim the old cajun

kyletheaviator

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2012
Congratulations brother! It's a tough decision to straighten up. I've seen too many close friends go off the deep ends due to drugs. Stick with it, it's worth the struggle. We're always here if you need support!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Congrats on your personal triumph. :clap:

In a sense, we're all on probation all of the time.

Preserving personal relationships and our self esteem are the reasons we all try to toe the line.

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Thank you all!

I'm doing my best and although some days are hard, the high days don't outweigh the sober days. This community alone, is enough to keep me sober. The support I've seen shown from one person to another keeps me in awe and I appreciate all the wishes for success you guys are sending me.

Thank you again.

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
Congrats waznyf! I appreciate your story and wish you the best. Your strength inspires me and I support you.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Hang in there, I know from family members that recovering is quite difficult. Keep on going, smoke your pipe
:puffy:

jameral

Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
Congratulations! I wish you great success. If ever you feel that your slipping, just smoke your pipe and let us know...we'll set ya straight. :puffy:

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
That is great on the milestone. You will have your tough days, as you know you will, But like you say, you already know what you need to do to stay off whatever you were on. Just take one day at a time, if need be take one step at a time to get through it. We will keep you in our thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.