PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I guess I'm known as the guy who buys oddball pipes, and it's true as I like a lot of different things, pipes being foremost at the present time. I loved the look of this pipe when I saw it and it was not expensive at all. I tried to do some research before I bought it, but all I could find is Imperial pipes from London England. All of their stampings though are much different, always in script. The use of the bulls head is something I've never seen either. Any ideas?
fullsizeoutput_1e8b-600x371.jpg

fullsizeoutput_1e8c-600x376.jpg

fullsizeoutput_1e8d-600x452.jpg

fullsizeoutput_1e91-600x414.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's a sitter and a poker/Dublin hybrid, or some of each shape in any case. Small independent discontinued brand would be my first guess, or could be an alternate brand name by Hardison, Britannia or Parker, for example, nicely turned factory pipe. But the bull logo seems way out there, so I'm inclined to think it was a small independent maker. Fred and Eugene have gone into the restaurant business, i think.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Well thanks guys! I agree now that I look at some Charatans with the same shape. It looks like shape 481 alright. The stampings are a bit of mystery, and the stem is quite a bit shorter, but overall it looks like it might have been made by Charatan for private label or store. Love the blast on this pipe, and l think I'll dedicate it to licorice blends like Blackpool or Ramsgate.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I have an Imperial pipe. It’s not on this list either but this is the first link that comes up.
https://pipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Tobacco_Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.