PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinm91

Lurker
Feb 27, 2015
I fund this while looking into a chocolate flake someone mentioned. It looks A.) Interesting. B.) Like a puff could kill me dead outright. For some reason I am thinking it would be bold as a cigar and kick my butt back to last week. I'm too curious though I guess. Would anyone reccomend trying it? And how is something like this prepped?
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipe-tobacco/72855/gawith-hoggarth-co-sweet-coconut-twist/

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Justin it depends on how much you smoke and how strong the blends are. It's something you should build up to.
The usual way rope is prepped is slicing coins of it and rubbing it out.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I have a home blend that literally will get me high like pot used to back in the day. It's made up of Billy Budd with added latakia and rubbed out Black XX Twist.

justinm91

Lurker
Feb 27, 2015
Haha. I'm more just wondering what it is exactly? Once it's broken up is it like any other blend? Is it supposed to be broke up or just kinda.. cut and thrown right in? Nicotine bomb? Flavor bomb?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I use a cigar cutter on twists and ropes to make thin coins and then rub them out. I like the coconut and rum twists, but they do have a strong nicotine kick.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Both actually. The ropes are about the strongest tobaccos out there but they have lots of flavor as well. You can prep it however you like. I normally rub mine out but you can slice them into thin coins and stack em or even slice them thicker and smoke them that way. Just start smoking it slow and take it from there. I usually use small bowls, either Falcon Hunter bowls or a dedicated Peterson sandblasted Aran 160 (bulldog).

justinm91

Lurker
Feb 27, 2015
Time to order a cheap cob and one. My own curiosity escapes me. If I stop posting in 3-5 business days, it killed me.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I never notice nicotine in anything I've smoked - except for ropes. I also cut coins and stuff. But while the smoke is strong, maybe strong flavor as well, they aren't flavorful to me.
I will say that they taught me the value of sipping.
Pax

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I am a light weight when it comes to nicotine and Sweet Coconut Twist is a good smoke for me. I just use a small bowl and smoke it after a meal. I cut it into coins, let dry and rub loose n load. You will get more tobacco flavor than coconut but it has a decent room note.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Yep, I have a rope of that sweet coconut twist. I usually smoke it in smaller doses. For some reason, 1792 hits me the hardest.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Coconut twist looks dauntying but it really isn't. The tobacco is similar to whole leaf, soft and velvety when cut and is a pretty light smoke with some subtle sweetness.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Billy Budd, Black Rope and latakia, now that sounds like a smoke that'd put hair on your chest! I think the Vikings smoked this blend before they entered a village to rape and pillage, and of course burn it to the ground.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I like that Mike. I can see Ragnar Lothbrook taking a big pull of BuddOpeKia and commensing the levelling of Paris... (If you watch the History Channel show, "Vikings").
=D

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
With any tobacco you think might be extra potent, I think it makes sense to start with a small bowled pipe, or a partially packed pipe if you don't have a small bowl. Eat a substantial meal and be reasonably well hydrated, and with no alcohol in you. Try it sitting down. Don't go the whole bowl until you've stood up and tried your legs. In many cases, the powerhouse tobacco is not a knock-out punch, but better to know that first. All this should happen at home, so you don't go to sleep driving home. I realize, this is all caution. If you like to dive right in and go for it, and take the consequences, fair enough. But don't drive or plan to do brain surgery or other delicate work later that day. I don't think I'd like a rope aromatic. If I did get queasy, that flavoring would stay with me forever. Brown twist has more nicotine than black, which is counter intuitive. I trust shaintiques report; but also agree it depends what you are used to smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.