PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I ask this question in all ignorance. What do you smoke after eating corned beef and cabbage, or Mexican, Chinese, Italian food? My regular ritual for St. Patrick's Day is to have a bowl (or two) and a couple of beers before dinner. I've never had a pipe after dinner - I'm just too full. The same actually goes for any after dinner smoke unless I've eaten rather early. I guess my mature digestion isn't as robust as it use to be.

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
I find that my taste vary basted on the food I eat something like Mexican, Cajun or the like I want an English. If I'm eating steak and bake potato or Italian I want a Va or VaPer. Then there are some blends that I can only smoke after I eat because of their vitamin N content.

ivapewithfire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2014
West Virginia, USA
Whatever I have that sounds good.
Honestly, I'm with cosmic. It doesn't really matter to me. Maybe if I was smoking a pipe WHILE eating, but I'd never do that. I either want to enjoy my meal, or have a pipe. I think trying to do both would take away from either one.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
What do you smoke after eating corned beef and cabbage
I've got a tin of Peterson's Irish Flake for this years celebration.
That should be strong enough to cut thru the haze of Guinness and corned beef! :)

roryrumfelt

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2014
After some nice vinegary north Carolina bbq, some HH ten to midnight is ACE, Balkans aren't my Number one or anything, but they are great after nice hearty meals!

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
I like a full english blend after "heavy" meals, and VA/VAPER after "lighter meals".That reminds me, I will have to get some "Jimmy" to drink on St. Patty's day.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Honestly, I'm with cosmic. Ditto.

Actually if anything eating stimulates me to have a smoke, but I am not aware of it dictating the tobacco I use. May have to ponder on it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My mood and impulse play into this, every time, but a heavier meal sustains a heavier tobacco, like a Lat-forward English blend or a full strength non-aromatic burley blend. A spicy meal might prompt a Va or Va/Per. But what I think and what I want to grab and pack often don't concur. It's fairly inspirational. No cigarettes. A rare cigar. Pipes rule.

escioe

Oct 31, 2013
I tend to smoke heavier nicotine blends after I eat supper, since it's the only time I can smoke them and not get the spins.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I don't have a go to after dinner blend, it's usually whatever tickles my fancy at that moment but my first smoke after dinner is my favourite bowl of the day. :puffy:

beastkhk

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2015
This is all backwards; you should be choosing what blend to smoke and then figure out what you can eat to compliment said blend.
Don't let a simple inanimate thing like food dictate how to live your life, save those decisions for delicious complex things like pipe tobacco. :)

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I usually have whatever whenever. I will say stronger blends, to me, like Stokkebye's LBF or Dunhill's De Luxe Navy Rolls I make sure to have not long after a full meal. Helps keep from getting the sweats and dizziness.

lostandfound

Sep 30, 2011
For awhile there, it was ODF, but I recently ordered a tub of Dark Strong Flake- the added sweetness really seems to hit the spot after dinner.

av8scuba

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2013
Mid-Missouri
I don't know that I had really given much conscious thought, but now looking back I'm like lordofthepiperings I guess in that if it is a full, heavy meal I want something more light. But if it is a light or "normal" meal, I'll smoke whatever. I usually have a fairly heavy Latakia blend in the bowl. :puffy:

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
To not disturb the delicate intricacies of my beloved Virginia Flake I only eat oatmeal mixed with distilled water served at room temperature.
When your tastes mature you will too.

• Love
Reactions: TheWhale13
Status
Not open for further replies.