PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Just to be contrary, what tobaccos are you not smoking. You know, the stuff that you tried and have no intention of ever smoking again.
For me, Captain Bob's Blend, and, well that's about it.... uh, maybe Crooner too.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Sam Gawith Firedance Flake. I was disappointed with this one, I wanted a mild version of University Flake but there is no tobacco underneath.
McClelland Blackwoods Flake. I can't find the flavor that everyone raves about.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
All the Lakelands of the world are safe from me, but Brown Twist Sliced is on the menu!

Dec 28, 2015
Cabbies mixture. To me it was like smoking a pepper packet from a fast food restaurant. And I love Samuel Gawith.

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
All Virginia tobacco's I have purchased this year. Rumor has it they get better with time. :puffy:

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
peckinpahhombre's Mixture 69:
krtpz7l.jpg

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
+1 for Capt Bob's Blend (bizarre grape soda taste), & almost all other Aro's.
+1 for Lakelands - just can't get past the soapy, perfume taste.
Mixture No.79 is, as my Kansan wife would say, "Ain't half bad" (meaning it is at least >50% not-bad, though not necessarily good).
I think that Mixture No.69 would be far too moist to smoke, but I think that you could chew it!
(But, I love 10 Russians, Cabbie's Mixture, Blackwoods Flake & 5 Brothers)

tobaccojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2016
USA
Honestly...probably only the Peter Stokkebye line of luxury bulk. I've only had it aged 6-9 months and still can't get over that vanilla/cheap rum casing flavor. Not a terrible smoke by any means, but not worth me investing anymore cash in.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Excluding And So To Bed, and Pembroke, anything made by Esoterica. Also Angler's Dream because it was discontinued!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Tinned tobacco. I haven't purchased any tins for more than a year. I've been smoking bagged tobaccos.

C&D and D&R. I do have a few tubs of codger blends that I sample from time to time, but these don't qualify as tins in my opinion.

I have maybe 10 tins of various blends on hand, so that when I feel like it, I can look at them wistfully, while I realize that their contents are just tobacco, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.