PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
The wife is out buying shoes at the mall with my daughter . This means one of two things Iam going to get lucky later on or I get some more tobacco related merchindise in the near future . Should I go for both ? :puffy:

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I've got some experience here. :D

Believe me, you can get lucky anytime, but for tobacco you've gotta strike while the iron is hot.

Be nice, but effectively heap tons of guilt on her for her profligate spending. Wait and watch for a weak moment, then BLAM! Pull the trigger on a $100 online order. Justify it by noting that while she burned gas getting to and from the mall, and paid sales tax on the shoes, you avoided paying taxes, delivery charges, and gas!

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
A life's lesson...You can get too old to get lucky...Get it while you can.You never get too old for tobacco.No reason not to go for both though.

billinsfl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2010
Too bad you guys can't go together for the shoes/tobacco. My wife has bought me some really nice pipe stuff: Dunhill lighter, pipe case, along with several really nice pipes. On the other hand, I've enjoyed buying my wife most of her electronic gadgets, along with...yes..shoes. Maybe you guys should go shopping together more often...just a thought.

xray

Might Stick Around
Oct 1, 2011
NJ
Sounds familiar:
http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/2012/cartoons/feb-2012/pipes-shoes-2012.jpg

Jul 15, 2011
Wait and watch for a weak moment, then BLAM! Pull the trigger on a $100 online order. Justify it by noting that while she burned gas getting to and from the mall, and paid sales tax on the shoes, you avoided paying taxes, delivery charges, and gas!
Cortez, you are officially my hero.
On another note, the girlfriend recently got a massive bonus from work. She made me a deal; she made a list of all the stuff she wanted to buy. She went out and bought everything on the list and if there was any money leftover, I could spend the remainder on whatever I wanted and she wouldn't chastise me for it. She came home from her shopping trip with $70, and we both just got paid today. Guess who's getting a new pipe tool and a whole mess of baccy?! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.