So-my 'el desperado'noobie pipe rotation (ahem)....

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

widge

Lurker
Dec 9, 2016
....all cheap as chips and doing sterling service thus far-but constructive(?) criticism welcomed...AND I have many silly questions regarding my lack of pipe-man-ship, so please do bear with me?

DSCF2650_zps70iqwdp0.jpg

I've (sort-of) ranked them from top to bottom in order of what (to me) has so far proved their smokability...but suspect my technique leaves a lot to be desired!
You will note that my pipe collection does not include any desirable items!! But hey? we have to start somewhere?

I chose to stert with some cob and falcon!
I've had the 'Alco' and 'mm Legend' for years...since my first dalliance with pipe...but they still seem to work.
sorry
Best
Widge

widge

Lurker
Dec 9, 2016
Ha...Oldreddog....I blame my everloving wif for the carpet! Apparently it is handmade with organic vegetable dye! To me it looks like an accident in a pickled cabbage factory....but hey-ho, you know how it goes?
w

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
A great start to your pipes. Nothing wrong with it at all! Welcome to the forums.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Welcome to PM Forums, Widge ... nice start!
What are you burning in those beauties? :puffy:

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
They are some good pipes!! Love the falcon but the corncob legend is a darn good smoker, i have one too and its very dependable.

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
Welcome Widge. My wife (SWMBO - She Who Must Be Obeyed) has a rug just like that. I like it, but then there's no arguing with her.
You have a very nice collection.
Cobs are great pipes. I grab one as often or more than briars or meers since I smoke outside & don't have to worry about bowl burnout from the wind - just get another inexpensive cob. Also, no weeping & gnashing of teeth if one is lost or falls into a creek or lake. Since I favor flake tobaccos, the MM General is most used, though I like the MM Cobbit Shire & Dwarf for strong ropes & plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.