PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
I loved your for sale original post with 300+ jars of tobacco that you are selling. You are a kindred spirit in tobacco tastes and purchase habits. I hope I never have to sell my tobacco collection, god knows it has to be a lot of work.

My jar collection.

null

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
f29b9175-01e9-44e6-a0f3-5dcd4de86fd4-600x450.jpg

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Very impressive collection!
I am most impressed with the painting. Who's that sea cap'n?
Back in the 80's I went to a "starving artist" sale at a local Holiday Inn hotel and purchased a sea captain painting very similar to that one. Sorry to say I no longer have it...sold it at an auction and got about $30 for it.

alan73

Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
No idea on the painting , grandparents bought it at a flee market or something probably in the 80's. they had it for decades.
The painting is covering a bare spot that needs a few more jars and shelves.
Thanks to saltedplug, got me some salty dogs plugs, which I have never tried and added a little depth to my favorites.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I have a couple of Sea Captain paintings we bought at "art" parties in Miami in the mid 1980s. These were parties where they displayed unframed paintings and you bought the paintings and frame for relatively low costs. The person hosting the party got a discount on their purchase based on the amount sold. We put most of our paintings and prints in climate controlled storage a couple of years ago when we did some renovations in the house. Just haven't put them back out yet.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
'Puts most pipe shops to shame. You have to be decisive or you could get stuck there for hours.

alan73

Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
No lip. Just stapled the shelves level.
The tobacco and pipes stay in the dark cool basement. I don’t spend much time down there. I usually bring a few jars upstairs per week, then rotate. I really only smoke the Virginia’s (everything above and to the left of the captain), I force myself to smoke an aero and English every once in a while

curl

Apr 29, 2014
My collection of Mylar bags won’t display nearly so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.