PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

natibo

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 10, 2013
Cincinnati, OH USA
I've had an unusual amount of free time on this business trip due to spaced apart meetings and hearings at the European Patent Office. As a result I have visited: Dunhill & J. Fox in London; Peterson' & J. Fox in Dublin; and Pfiefen Huber in Munich. Let me tell you folks, Pfiefen Huber is a Pipe man's dream.
Pfiefen Huber has a great selection of pipes. I have shown a picture of a Former-S Bang pipe having great straight grain along the sides and birds eye along the bottom. My picture does not really capture its beauty. It can be yours for about $2600. With one in college and 2 on the way, I didn't think I should do it.
They also have a LARGE selection of pipe tobaccos. They have lots of their own blends. Many aromatics. I don't smoke those so much but they had some of the most pungent aros I have ever smelled. I tried samples of some of their English blends (yes they will give you free samples to take with you and try) but was disappointed. I ended up buying a tin of their "Louisiana Flake" which was a VaPer with a great tin smell. I prefer VaPers and felt I should buy something.
English was not widely spoken but a very attractive older lady (who said she was a grandmother of 3, but I didn't believe it) was extremely helpful. I would recommend this place as a stop for any pipe enthusiast.
b836ebc1-2f7e-4545-b647-24f3378e6883_zpsd07e07d7.jpg

20140115_121641_zps2hrh9syf.jpg

20140115_122549_zpsctdcjbq7.jpg

20140115_123223_zpsafjyqhri.jpg

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Damn Nati awesome trip. Thanks for the pics. Any pics of the Grandmother of three whose story you didn't buy? :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.