So I Decided to Keep It And Smoke It (pics)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
As many of you know I entered a pipe in the KC contest. I didn't win, but had a great time doing it. I received it back last week and after much contemplation of whether to sell it, trade it, or keep it I went with the latter. It is only the second full pipe I have ever made, stem and bowl, and I figured that if I am out smoking my own pipe I might generate some more pipe business for myself too. Anyway I decided to keep it and smoke it and I fired it up for the first time at the West Georgia Pipe Club. Me and my buddy that I made the "Archeology" pipe for actually fired up our two pipes, made by me, for the first time together. It does smoke great and it is super fun to smoke something I made. Here is a pic of the pipe and of the inaugural smoke.

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
Beautiful pipe! I especially like the shape and cross grain. Since you smoked these two homemade pipes in a pipe smoking contest the engineering must be very good which I believe is the secnd most important characteristic in a pipe next to the quality of the briar.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Wow, judging by the pic with the white background it seems a bit small. But then seeing you smoke it it is a nice size pipe. I know you have posted before about your liking of horns and zulus so I think this will fit in your collection quite well. Its really a good looking pipe and nice stem work. I think you made the right decision.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I thin you made the right decision.
Thus spoke Ricky Ricardo. ;-)
F8BBFA1F65285D502DFE1A7442341.jpg

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Technically I was drinking Jim Beam and Coke which goes quite well with tobacco. No pizza however, that box in the pic is a cigar box. And it isn't small. I have yet to make a small pipe to be honest I personally like a big bowl and a long smoke so my pipes tend to turn out that way. Also if anyone wants to see some other pics of the pipe you can find info on this forum post. http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/shaintiques-entry-in-the-kansas-city-pipe-carvers-contest

Status
Not open for further replies.