PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
Specifically unopened bags. I have my bags in jars. What is your preference and why?

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I take the tobacco out and store it in several small canning jars.
Think it will store fine in the mylar bags it comes in though.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Seeing as I purchased my Esoterica to smoke, and not to resell, they are kept in their original tins or divided into mason jars.

I divide mine into 2ozs and put them in the smallest sized Mason jars. I don't want to open a large jar or whole bag in 5-10 years and have to smoke it all as fast as possible, before an aged blend goes to sawdust. Having smoked quite a few aged blends, I've learned the hard way never to store more than I want to smoke in a week in a jar. If I aged a whole bag, might as well just grab a handful and toss the rest in the garbage when I open it.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Vault_Layout.JPG

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
In original mylar bags within a vacuum sealed bag. (Belt & Suspenders, just to be certain)

Once opened, divide into 2 oz jars, vacuum sealing all except one from which to smoke.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
After reading some accounts of the bags leaking at the seams I got one of these to store them in. I don't think it's completely necessary, but you could add a humidifying jar to the container if desired.
http://www.containerstore.com/s/clear-weathertight-totes/d?productId=10026213&q=water%20tight

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Once opened the lose trading/selling value. I've had an 11yr old cream colored bag of penzance that was off the charts stellar. I store all my Esoterica as is. Never had an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.