PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I am curious if anyone else does this I usually have a snus in my upper lip sometimes when I smoke my pipe anyone else chew or use snus when smoking?

Jan 8, 2013
I don't see the point. It's going to interrupt the flavors of your pipe tobacco, and cause you to salivate more leading to a wet gurgly smoke. If you're doing it for the nicotine and your not getting enough from your pipe tobacco, try a pipe tobacco with a higher nicotine content. Macbarren just released a new one today called Bold Kentucky. Apparently it's chock full of dark fired kentucky burley so should be a heavy nic blend. Using snuss or chew, or dip, or anything else like that however, while smoking, is just beyond me. Spit that stuff out man, and enjoy your pipe.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Wouldn't that be like trying to chew gum and eat a good steak at the same time? One certainly doesn't compliment the other. Seems to me that that if you feel the need for snus while smoking a pipe to get satisfaction than you're not smoking the right tobacco.

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
I've done it before but not on purpose. I've put some dip in and then realized I'd really like a pipe. As far as snus (and properly made dip) it does not cause you to salivate at all.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I use snus, but not when I am smoking a pipe. My reasons have nothing to do with salivation; rather, I just do not want the taste of the snus to interfere with the taste of my smoke. Come to think of it, though, the bergamot in my snus might actually complement some pipe tobaccos quite well.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
By the way, shanelktown, are you using loose or portion, American or Scandinavian snus?

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I use Snus (Swedish) but it's not present when enjoying a cigar or a bowl. I don't know if I could stomach doing both at once.

sw0snuff3r

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2014
I'll take a pinch or two of snuff while smoking my pipe once in awhile but I've never used snus while smoking.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Lol I got hooked on the camel kind when it was first hitting the market. SheetZ basically was giving it away I couldn't resist. I do the large frost kind. I take it Jeff you do the Swedish kind?

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I know this is a pipe forum but, when in Rome I guess. Lol. I like the General Original and the Jakobson Strong. There are many other brands but they are not readily available in the US, at least to most retailers. I've tried some of the flavored stuff but I'm a straight up tobacco type. It's more of a pacifier than a full blown habit for me, as the weather gets warmer and I can go out and fire up a bowl or a cigar, the Snus will get a pass more often than not.
I'm also a fan of nasal snuff and I wish we could get the good English Snuff over here again. I used to love Wilson's of Sharrow Rasberry.

andyg89

Lurker
Mar 21, 2015
General Nordic Mint is pretty good, but I couldn't imagine using snus and smoking a pipe at the same time! Haha

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I guess if I smoked more burly blends I would have no need for the snus comfort. I think what happens is I'm so used to having one in I load a pipe and start smoking it and realize I still have a snus in. I usually spit it out but it led me to this question if anyone ever does this intentionally. So far seems like a heck no enjoy your pipe tobacco.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
shanelktown, I sometimes use Camel snus when discretion is paramount, but I prefer Ettan, General, and Skruf. I would think the sweetness of American-market snus would definitely get in the way of your pipe tobacco, especially a mint variety

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
I don't know what Snus is, but I wouldn't mind smoking a pipe with two nicotine patches on my inner thighs.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
I'm a frequent user of strong Swedish snus, General Lab 12 Strong Mint to be exact. I would however never contemplate having one in while I smoke a pipe. Major flavor clash and the nic hit would be gigantic.

Status
Not open for further replies.