PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have seen it in a few cigarette stores, but have not actively searched online for it.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
You can't buy it online from a US online store same way with not being able to buy cigarettes. The best online retailer is mr snuff. https://mrsnuff.com/ Try McCrystals, Fribourg & Treyer, Gawith Hoggarth Snuff, Samuel Gawith.
It takes 1-3 weeks for it to arrive.

yorkshirepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
Although I'm UK-based, I've heard many good things about Mr.Snuff sending to the US.
I can vouch for them as a retailer, I've used them in the past and wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Mr. Snuff is very good and I have used them in the past for Condor flake to keep you lot on the forum chugging along! I could really use some strong menthol snuff right now. Any suggestions or preferences?

yorkshirepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
Although I have a tin of Hedges L260, I haven't opened it yet, but apparently that is one of the best mentholated.
McChrystals Original and Genuine, Wilsons of Sharrow Super Menthol and Wilsons Medicated No.99 are all very good too.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I went threw a snuff fase for a while. I like it a lot but the cost of shipping was a bit high from the UK. Look at Willson's of Sharrow and some German brands for menthol medicated flavors.

nachman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2013
Hedges is about the strongest menthol flavour, but my favourite is Gawith Hoggarth CM. CM stands for camphor and menthol. It is well balanced. One that is strong is Wilson of Sharrow SM Blue.

fishingandpipes

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2013
I go through phases too. Typically as the weather gets a little colder, I'll snuff up a storm. And then it drops off pretty quick.
MrSnuff has been great in the past. Check out Bernard snuffs among the others already mentioned as well.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
My friend is a big fan of snuff movies.
Get a few too many beers in him and you find out there are hundreds of snuff movies you never heard of.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
3 "tins" of Torque headed your way. Original, Coke and Peppermint. All are still in the original baggie. I hope you enjoy it more than I did. :)

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Hey Pete I've been trying out the tins you sent me, and can't say I dislike snuff because I'm still letting my nose get used to it. Haven't felt much nicotine hit from it yet, which is the whole idea for me. I have a large sampler assortment on the way from Mr Snuff. Will report back after it arrives.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I am a total nicotine lightweight and have generally not ever been hit hard by snuff. I smoke things like 1792 Flake in a VERY small bowl or it will knock me out. The only snuff that ever really gave me any kick was the first one I ever tried, which I believe was the American made Swisher Square snuff. THAT stuff was fairly intense. I still take snuff from time to time, not often, but like having them around. I am more into the coarser offerings from Bernard these days, but enjoy the Poschl Ozona Orange, McChrystals O&G and several of the Fribourg & Treyer offerings.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
Most American dry snuffs have a good wallop. With few exceptions they are all what the English call "toasts". The tobacco is heated as it is being milled extremely fine. American toasts are heated more than English toasts which is why so many of them have an intense smokey or "barbeque" like aroma. I prefer the less smoky more tobacco-y aromas of English toasts. F&T's High Dry Toast is my all time favorite.

ahpui

Might Stick Around
Jan 16, 2012
Got a box of Red Bull strong in my office desk. Helps me wake up with a snort.
Yeh, If Mr Snuff can get those snuff in to my country, shipping into US should be a breeze.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I'm thinking about trying snuff.
I've been a cigarette smoker (and pipe) for over fifty+ years. But, as for snuff, or for that matter chewing tobacco, I think I'd rather shove an ice pick up my nostrils. :wink:

kendodan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 22, 2013
I have been looking to try snuff. I wonder if the Mr. Sniff starter bundle is any good? Any experience my fellow pipe smokers?

Status
Not open for further replies.