Snow Coming Here In NY? Will They Be Right?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
The first snow of the year is supposed to be here Sunday eve, and Monday. The weathermen and ladies are saying 6-12 inches possible. I bet my neighbor a bottle of Bourbon we won't have that much snow. Will the weatherman be right?

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
Here in my section of upstate NY we have the same possibility. Gun season opens for Deer tomorrow and I'm off for the week so either way I'm ready!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I wisely already wrapped my NY work travel for the year! I hate the NY Thruway stores early in the 4th Qtr and late in the 1st Qtr! I may take the sojourn to Newburgh for the Kaywoodie event. Get those snow-blowers ready!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife and I went from Indian Summer (in the 70's yesterday and mild today), and went inside to watch a great touring Broadway production of Spam-A-Lot, and when we came out the temp had dropped maybe 30 degrees with gusty wintry winds and leaves flying off the trees by the bushel. I have a short presentation for an outdoor memorial service tomorrow, and I wonder if I'll want a coat.

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
papipeguy -
Seems that either way you win. Load a pipe, pour a glass and toast the winter.
+1
woodsroad -
Pictures?
We got a light downfall of snow/sleet here in SE PA, but no accumulation.
Just a dusting so far mid morning. No reason to send pics of that. And I'm thinking the so called storm will not show up at all. The weather callers will be wrong again...and I get my bottle of bourbon. :)

schaum

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2014
The snow is coming down quite heavily now at 11:30 AM in northern N.Y.

Little accumulation yet however as the ground hasn't frozen.

schaum

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2014
I'm kinda half way between Syracuse and Watertown on the lake. Lake temperature is higher than usual due to the hot summer and we're all going to get hammered with lake effect storms this winter because of it.
Tune up the snowblowers and let her rip.

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
I'm an hour south of Syracuse and we got 1.5 feet yesterday, more to come today. Up there in the tug hill area you guys really get hammered!

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I feel your pain.
Not really, but it did get down to 32 in SE Louisiana last night.

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
I'll be in Cortland for Thanksgiving... looks like we might have some snow.
Being born and raised in Buffalo, it was a bit of a letdown when I moved to Philly and realized they don't get much white stuff down here. When they do, everyone loses their mind.

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
OK, I lost the bet. I owe my neighbor a bottle of bourbon. Received about 18 inches as of 4pm Monday, still coming down.

Status
Not open for further replies.