PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Well I may not have a 'man cave' but I do have a snow cave to smoke in thanks to a snowier December than Winnipeg has seen in over 100 years. I dug a good size cave for my daughter in the front yard, and since she had gone inside already I thought I would break in the cave with a bowl of newminster 400 in a falcon. It was a delightful little smoke, out of the wind and I found that being surrounded by white helped me to focus on the flavors (that is possibly all in my mind, I am ok with that ha).

I should post pictures next bowl, I intend to use it this winter if my daughter will share the space...
Isaac

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Oh, that sounds great. What's the temp there now? The snow cave should help keep things warm, especially with the pipe heater going.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Dave, I have done shirt sleeves a few times this last month...but only as long as it takes to run a bag of garbage out to the bin! I enjoy Winnipeg extremity though and I am only doing three winters before heading back to mild New Zealand for the long term.
Isaac

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
It was in the mid 70's here last week. Dont know what you guys are talking about..... -32 huh.....

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
The snow cave sounds perfect. Wind is the big issue with smoking outside on Vancouver Island. It was 1 degree and sunny here today with very little wind so I found a patch of sunshine and smoked back to back bowls while taking poor pictures of bird life as it moved through the backyard.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Woke up to 40 degrees this morning. Supposed to plunge soon.
The neighborhood kids dug a small cave in the snowbank next to my driveway a few years ago. Certainly not big enough for me to get into. Below are pictures of typical "bad" snow in Chicagoland.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
-40 with the wind today. Two more weeks til I get the heated shop and garage and the wait is killing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.