PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
http://www.smokingpipes.com
I've been searching a lot of online pipe shops in search of the perfect pipe, and I have to say, so far, no one is doing a better job than these folks.
The photos of each pipe is large, high quality. The pipe's dimensions are clearly outlined. They answer questions via email promptly.
Virtually every other reseller I've been to can learn a thing or two from these folks.
Kudos!

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
I agree, first rate customer service. They have taken additional pictures of pipes I was interested in and emailed them to me on a few pipes I was interested in. I also like their descriptions. I have ordered pipes from them that I found cheaper on other sites. I will gladly pay for customer service.

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
I agree I have done alot of buisiness with them and I have always received great service.

rock

Lurker
Nov 14, 2011
My only online dealer when looking for a pipe so far. I need to see what I'm getting.

Some stores show only one picture and some stores on the net don't even show the actual pipe you will be getting.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
Their estates are excellent and IMHO no one can compete with their customer service.

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
The majority of my purchases are from them and, so far, they always exceed my expectations.... :puffy:

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
SP does a prodigious business, especially in pipes new and pre-loved. I never worry about the quality of their pipes. One thing, though, is if you see a pipe you like, snag it pronto - especially if it's one of their new listings. They update each Monday and Thursday, and will put you on an EMail notification system. Their updates are well written and very entertaining.
hp

les

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Their customer service is top notch. I have been getting my Peterson's from them and they take the time to answer all of my questions about fit/finish, pipe cleaner tests, etc. I find this level of service extremely nice for pipes in the $100 range and it has saved me from having to return pipes that wont pass a cleaner or other issues.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
I order all my tobacco from these guys and they have always been amazing. Cant go wrong ordering any product from them.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Their pre-loved pipe prices are awesome, and so are the pipes. I also like the fact you can order most of their bulks in 1 oz increments if you just wanted to try that one blend, or selection of blends that are not in a "sample pack" , and they don't gouge the USPS shipping to AK like "other places" ( sorry, that's what keeps me from ordering any large quantity from a "certain other place" ).

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I've only ordered tobacco from them and never had a issue, customer service is becomming a lost art, but not at smokingpipes.com

Jul 15, 2011
I ordered my Savinelli 320 EX Baronet through them, and the service was just outstanding. I have ordered tobacco from Sykes Wilford and company before and they have always been nothing but good to me. The first couple of orders I placed with them, they even threw in a free sample pouch of tobacco with my order. Great folks!

steelman

Might Stick Around
Jun 17, 2012
I placed on order on the phone with them and received an email 7 minutes later that my purchase had been shipped. How can you top that?
I also love the descriptions of the pipes. I feel like I am getting a personal review from a professional.

adam12

May 16, 2011
I feel like I am getting a personal review from a professional.
They will also be the same way in person if you attend a show. Very professional attention, they know every pipe on their table back-to-front.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Glad to hear others feel the same. I only bought one estate pipe from them, but their description was 100% accurate, the photo was good. They answered my question promptly.
The other thing I appreciate is that they don't show inventory that has been sold - I cannot imagine the mindset of a reseller that fills a page with both sold and available pipes. If it's sold, for god's sake, remove it. I've stopped visiting sites that have mostly "sold" items in their inventory. Such a frustrating experience.

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
I just want to add, in addition to SmokingPipes.com which has received 95% of my pipe-related business, their affiliated B&M pictured on the site (located in Little River, SC) is an awesome, awesome store with great people there.
I was not into pipes last time I was able to make the trip down there, but I was highly impressed with the service and prices ( I ended up coming home from vacation with a new 150 count humidor). That is why I started using the website in the first place! They will get much business in the future from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.