PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2014
Ordered up a bunch of favorites and when my order arrived they had made a mistake. I have never had a such an excellent quick response from a company in my life. Within MINUTES of my call the mistake was corrected and my item is on its way priority.
Great job guys! SO so unusual these days to see a company that actually gives a chit..
Highly recommend!

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Yes, smoking pipes really is great. Mistakes are made on occasion, that stuff is inevitable, but you can really tell how great a retailer is by how they handle their customer's issues.

racerx

Might Stick Around
Feb 21, 2014
Southern California
On 2 occasions over the last 10 years I've ordered tobacco from them and they shipped an incorrect (but similar) item. These were large orders of 20 or more items. They've always shipped a new tin free of charge and told me to keep the other one. Top notch customer service.
One of these mistakes led to me discovering GLP JackKnife Plug, which has become one of my favorites. I shudder to think that I might never have tried it if they hadn't shipped it by accident.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
SP brought a Luciano blast billiard to a pipe show to save me shipping and gave me a nice show discount

on top of that. Another time when gift tobacco was late to the recipient, they paid shipping for my next

order of tobacco. Mighty good crew.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Love the guys at SmokingPipes.
I asked if they'd have any Mac Baren Modern Virginia at the West Coast Show. They said no, but to head to the table and ask for Ted. I headed for the table and Ted had a pouch of the loose cut for me. Truly an awesome company with awesome people!

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
I have been buying from them for about 10 years now. Great all around service. I had a Dunhill 5108 I purchased from them in 2005 that had issues with the stain and the did everything they could to fix it.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
3 weeks late with my 2 cents, but i wholeheartedly concur! I just posted a follow up with my second dealings with Mars Cigars in PA. Their shipping is fast and their prices are very competitive tobacco-wise. SP is and will probably always be my go to and first choice for pipe/tobacco online orders. I thought it was pretty cool that i got to tell Sykes (owner of SP and Low Country B&M) how much i appreciated them and their wonderful customer service at the most recent Richmond CORPS Pipe Show. Pretty laid back and cool guy, very reflective of the company!

pipebaum81

Nov 23, 2014
Must be mentioned again that SPs.com offers free shipping to military APO addresses. There isn't even a minimum purchase requirement. I bring them my business first before looking at the other fine competitors.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The only time I don't order from Smokingpipes is when they are out of stock on an item I want. Customer service goes above and beyond from packaging the shipment to talking one on one over the phone about a pipe or tobacco I may have an interest in. Amazing company, and an amazing group of people to deal with!

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
Smokingpipes has the best website I've seen for pipes and tobacco. So many sites give less information on their pipes, and the sites are less organized and are cluttered. Whoever designed the smokingpipes site deserves praise. I'm typically on my iPhone and their mobile version is also excellent.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have been doing business with SP for 15 years now and not once did they not meet or exceed my expectations. There are a lot of companies who coould take lessons from SP in terms of how to treat a customer. They are my number 1 go to source for all things pipes and tobacco.

sfduke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2012
The SP crew are the best in the business. I used to patron several other companies, but the past few years only deal with SP because they know customer service. Always reassuring to do business with a company that takes care of their employees which makes for happy employees and happy customers.

graydawn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2014
I have to agree. Ted and Chip have been exceptionally responsive and professional. They really do set the standard.

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
Agreed! Have had nothing but positive experiences with smokingpipes and they are my preferred source of pipe related purchases (along with 4noggins).

Status
Not open for further replies.