PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
A few years ago,when I was still in my first year or two of pipe smoking, I bought a pound each of Smokers Pride Vanilla and Black Cavendish. The Black wasn't half bad, and as a matter of fact I still smoke it quite often, but the Vanilla tasted like something I raked up out of the yard! Anyway I jarred and kept it thinking maybe someday, if there were no good bacy left on Earth, I might try it again. Well, I know there is still plenty of the good stuff still out there but today I was feeling brave and decided to give it another shot. After several years in the jar it has become quite tolerable, not really good mind you, but tolerable none the less. Maybe by the time all the good stuff is gone it might have reached the status of "good". Maybe!

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Good to know. I happened on a bag of SP van cavendish for a reasonable price (for WA). I will jar it for 3 years and remain optimistic. =D

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I have some of their natural cavendish that a friend gave me...yard debris is a good way of describing it! I ended up tossing it in my scraps jar.

chuckp

Might Stick Around
Nov 30, 2015
Damn....I couldn't disagree more, just goes to show how different we all are. I bought a pouch of Smoker's Pride Vanilla Cavendish........I was expecting nothing much but was quite surprised by it. Yeah, the flavor is pretty mild by most standards but certainly not bad at all and the room note is wonderful I think.
This is why I have learned to take reviews with a grain of salt and not be too influenced by them when they report at both ends the spectrum, but they are still good to have.

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
In the early 70s I rented a house in a college town back in grad school. There were some weeds growing in the abandoned back lot and I recognized them, let them go to seed, and I smoked them all winter long. Good times. I think it was the 70s... maybe not. I distinctly remember smoking them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.