PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

caa55

Lurker
Aug 27, 2015
Hello,
So far I've only been smoking sitting on my front porch but have been mulling over smoking in my car.
Curious how many here smoke in their vehicle while driving ?
Also are you able to direct the smoke out of the vehicle successfully (without having to inhale it) or does the vehicle become smoke filled?
thanks.

chuck

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
My personal car is one of my favorite venues for solitary pipe-smoking, particularly when traveling the Interstate Highways. I always open the passenger-side rear window slightly for ventilation, and this carries the smoke away nicely.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Airbags and pipes don't mix. But if you do it use a bent pipe that would not get lodged in your throat should you have a fender-bender.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I smoke once in awhile when driving and crack my window and the passenger side rear window about an inch and the smoke leaves the vehicle quite nicely. Sometimes I crack the sunroof and that vents the smoke well too. :puffy:

stephenw

Might Stick Around
Nov 14, 2014
WV
If I am in my car then I am smoking my pipe. I do not crack any windows unless I have a passenger. The cabin does not fill up with smoke since I usually have either the air conditioner or heater on which moves air around the cabin. As far as air bags and the pipe goes... I have been driving for 47 years and have never had an accident (and only one ticket). If a head on collision did happen, the pipe in my mouth would be the least of my worries.

sjfine

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 4, 2012
I do. I keep a window open a bit. And I'm not worried about an accident, I'm a pretty careful driver, and I don't clench when I'm driving. Not much anyway.

easterntraveler

Dec 29, 2012
As long as you are moving forward and the window is cracked the smoke will got out however I do tend to smell a lot more like my pipe after smoking in my car.

dutch65

Might Stick Around
Feb 11, 2012
I smoke in my truck, but not while driving. I used to, but I found that the driving aspect was distracting me from enjoying the pipe. In other words, I was just going through the motions, but not enjoying the pipe as much as smoking while parked, and next thing you know my bowl was empty.
I only crack the windows enough to create a little airflow, but not so much as to have a problem with a rim char when relighting the pipe.
I don't worry about how the pipe makes me smell. If someone has a problem with it, it's best to identify them early on, and remove them from my friends list.
Like Yak used to say, the greatest pleasures in life, are either illegal, immoral, or smelly.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
If you carpool with truck drivers, see if they'll let you ride in the bed. Good place for a quiet smoke.

hakchuma

Jan 13, 2014
Ray47. I drove an old rusty consumers power truck when I was a teen. The hole in the floor made a great spittoon. ;)

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
I smoke in my truck just about everyday... I'll clench the entire time even with the windows rolled all the way down. I've never had an issue, well except for when my bag of tobacco flew out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.