Smoking while a little under the weather?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
Is it just me or does a little smoke when feeling under the weather feel as though its therapeutic?

I have a cold but think that smoking actually makes me feel better.
Hey as an aside can someone PM me? I cant seem to get to my messages any other way unless someone messages me first.
Thanks!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
French inhaling cherry blends helps tremendously when I have a sore throat, and a good virginia is my best friend when I'm just under the weather a bit. Totally with you.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Anything respiratory puts me off pipes, or any dental work. I think it's individual, except in harsh coughs or head colds, where you need all the capillaries to open up and clear the crud.

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
For me a slow sipping really helps me out...usually a light blend, typically a VA too...and only if a minor cold.

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
Will someone please PM me so I can access my messages...for some strange reason I'm not able to do so otherwise...just a "test" or "hello" would work. Then I see the notification in my email and it grants me access. Thank you ahead of time! :)

wilson

Apr 17, 2013
It depends. If it is a mild cold, I like to have a bowl. I typically lose taste but cognac and a good bowl of tobacco seem to be the only things where the taste comes through. If I have a fever then I'm in fetal position on the sofa under a blanket.

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
Oh I agree...no smoke for me either...on my back with Tylenol loaded in me...maybe some Niquil too! :P

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Seadog, sometimes I have to click on notifications at the top of the screen to access my messages.

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
Thanks Chasing...I've tried that and it does not work. It always comes up empty though if I access through someone PMing me all my messages are there. :?:

I usually know that I am getting sick when the tobacco tastes different, less pleasurable and more of an irritation. If I don't just stop right away, it tends to make a cold or sniffle turn into a sinus infection which has me down for a week or more. So, stopping is best for me.

But, everyone is different.

Mar 1, 2014
I think most people smoke for the smell and flavour so having a bowl while you can't smell or taste might be a little silly.
I may try some Frosty Mint next time I have a cold though, the blast from that might even be more enjoyable with your senses dulled.

Status
Not open for further replies.