PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtoby

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2011
Although other online vendors are top-notch, SP.C really shines imho.
Recently made an order with them (which arrived in record time, I might add) that included a couple 50g tins

of GLP Haddos Delight. Sorry to say, the seals were compromised right around the pull-top ring. I could gently squeeze the tins and hear a slight "whistling" and smell the tell tale odour from within.
Made a quick call to SP and in less than five minutes the ordeal was resolved with two replacement tins on the way. How could you ask for more? These guys rock. Simply the best. :clap:

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
I had a similar experience once, and to add to things, it was with one of the rarer tobaccos that had already sold out. They had a replacement on its way to me that day. One really couldn't ask for better service.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
it was with one of the rarer tobaccos that had already sold out
I knew they hold back inventory!! Do you think they have a stock pile of FVF waiting for the apocalypse?
Agree with the service! I haven't had any issues, but my pipes and tobacco come with great speed!

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
They are hands down my number one go to for domestic orders! I remember my first order with them back in 2010 I ordered 5 tins of 3 Oaks Syrian and they accidentally sent 5 tins of 3 Oaks Original. I called them up and they apologized (honest mistake), asked if I liked the original as well and when I told them I did they let me keep those 5 tins on the house and sent 5 more tins of the Syrian. They used to be very generous with samples too, back when it was still legal. I always used to get a surprise treat with my orders, the most notably being a 7 ounce tin of PH Special Curly (still have it aging in my cellar). So yeah, I'm with you, SP is an outstanding company and I am a loyal customer.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
My sole source for anything pipes and tobaccos. I have to pay a SC tax because I live in state, but I don't mind because they provide just great service and I get next day delivery.

bosmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2017
Agreed, a few weeks ago I ordered two 8oz tins of some GLP blends, when my package arrived it contained two 2oz tins.

I emailed them to tell them what happened and next thing you know, they refunded my money and let me keep the two 2oz tins for free.

Absolute best customer service.

jackets

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2017
Their customer service and buying experience is so top notch I end up feeling guilty when ordering from P&C.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Agree, Yet based on my experience in the past and now,I have come to realization that among their staff is quite a number of people whose truly are knowledgeable about pipes,and what's more important,I'm real delighted to see they are giving accurate descriptions & measurements foe them listed pipes,I find this very helpful.Live I in The States I'd be buying far more from this very company,now You see, our Customs out there are always on the look out to get'em fair share'.

spartan99

Can't Leave
Mar 10, 2017
They drive for excellence in every aspect of the business. Look at all the work that goes into their twice weekly e-mails that arrive, like clockwork, between 3:30 and 4:00 Eastern on Mondays and Thursdays. Each one of them has a short article, story, or essay by one of the staff in it. Every one, for years. Each one lists, by brand, how many 'fresh' pipes are available, as well as how many new estates. Each one showcases their best in class pipe photography, and links to some of their latest blog posts and videos.
Their latest revision introduced four tiles highlighting four products, which I wouldn't mind except that it came at the expense of the Sales & Promotions section that consolidated all of the current specials. It looks they're adding the specials below that section now as panels and banners themselves, but it isn't as easy to take in at once as the old list. Anyways, the point is that if the newsletters weren't of consistent quality, I wouldn't have been reading them often enough or close enough to have noticed.
That they're able to maintain the quality and regularity week in and week out while also staying on top of the website and blog is impressive. At least the blog allows them to leverage some of the content.

9mmpuffer

Might Stick Around
Mar 1, 2018
Class act and they get a lot of my money... just dropped some cash there last week. Best pipe pictures around, get tobacco selection, excellent service.

drydock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2016
I feel like I'd love working for them, but I don't live near by, dang it.
Like several here, I once was sent an incorrect tobacco shipment, emailed them & they immediately corrected the issue & also let me keep the 1st tobacco shipment. I was happy to return it, but they said no. I was able to gift that to a buddy and in a week had my original order. Top notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.