PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

downr4nge

Lurker
May 22, 2016
I'm new to smoking (anything). Been smoking pipe tobacco for a few weeks now. Only aros though but I picked up a tin of My Mixture 965 which I love. I finally made the connection this morning while stuck in traffic.... .. .. ..... That, after smoking some of the 965, it makes make have to use the restroom badly.... .. .... luckily there was a Dunkin Donuts nearby with a clean bathroom. Is it normal to have to use the bathroom after smoking pipe tobacco?

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
Yep....that is caused by the nicotine. Perfectly normal

downr4nge

Lurker
May 22, 2016
@jacks6, maaannnnn you have no idea lol! Felt like two grizzly bears fighting in stomach out of nowhere!

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Any form of nicotine gets my mail movin', as does caffeine. Perfectly normal, as far as I know.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
downr4nge, I know that you are new to pipe smoking, but there is another Dunhill blend named Early Morning Pipe that most folks shorten to EMP when discussing it. Us old timers call it EMP for Early Morning Poop. Great stuff. Really helps take a load off.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Uhhh yep, nicotine is a wonder. Given enough coffee, Gawith 1792 and bran, you can turn someone into a deuce cannon.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I think you guys are all full of crap! :crazy:
Seriously...I doubt if the nicotine and/or smoking has anything to do with the outcome...see what I did there? :rofl:

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
+++1 on the coffee. Best laxative stimulant there is. I told my GP that as I wasn't sure and he confirmed it. I imagine nicotine might possibly have the same effect, but after 50+ years of smoking I've never experienced that 'after' effect.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Yup. It increases peristalsis (digestive process) and probably stimulates the Vagus nerve. Poop City USA. Couldn't find much about the nerve stimulation though it shares many symptoms with smoking experiences.
A nice resource, though incomplete...
https://examine.com/supplements/nicotine/

beezer

Jul 12, 2013
Hilarious. And here I was thinking I made some sort of wonder discovery! I've been keeping this observation to myself due to the oddness of the subject, but have been working feverishly into the night to get a patent placed on a "poop patch" which would be akin to a nicotine patch marketed to help people drop a deuce.
Most people are scared to mess with anything related to smoking; however, I figured if I marketed this idea as a digestive aid and not a smoking cessation device it would catch on and I'd make enough money to get myself a Peck-inspired tobacco cellar going.
Ah man...just finished me a bowl of HH Acadian Perique...nature's calling! Night fellas.

tinsel

Oct 23, 2015
I've not heard any pipe smoker's mention having to poo after smoking a pipe, but I have heard a few cigarette smokers mention that smoking more cigarettes than normal makes them have to go.
Must be the nicotine.

Mar 1, 2014
I wish, I've been backed up for weeks. 8O
On a more serious note, a lack of bowel movements is no joke, it can be fatal: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-33320684

If you are ever constipated (anything over three days with no movements is considered "constipated") make sure to take a laxative, and sometimes it's good to keep track of these things for any children under your care, kids have been known to simply forget about it altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.