PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassiorenan

Lurker
Oct 20, 2018
Sometimes I start smoking and then decide to stop and leave it there to smoke the rest later. How long would I be able to leave it there without being lit and not affect the tobacoo, flavor if there's such a thing?

Jan 8, 2013
Many do it. It's called delayed gratification. Some will put down a pipe and finish it the next day. Sometimes after sitting overnight it's better. Long term, such as two or more days? I imagine at some point it's just going to dry out too much and become stale.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Virginia blends do great with DGT, but Latakia blends not so much. I've smoked Virginias 3 days later and the taste improved. I've DGT'd Latakia blends until the next day and they tasted terrible.

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
I bought a few estate pipes at an auction that still had tobacco in them.... but I couldn't muster the courage to put flame to them :lol:

cassiorenan

Lurker
Oct 20, 2018
haha damn that's nice! I'm not sure if I would either lol but I would have been really tempted for sure. :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
How long would you leave an open jar sitting around and still smoke the tobacco? Despite Forums preference for perfection in moisture content, fairly dry tobacco usually smokes well. Overnight, a few hours, a day, a few days ... usually not a problem, whether it's in an open bowl, in the pipe unsmoked, or in the pipe partially smoked, in my experience. Don't get too cavalier. A blend can dry out and be stale, harsh, burn too fast, or lose it flavor and nuance. Don't abuse the privilege, but generally, for short periods of time, it will be okay, in some cases slightly improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.