PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
How many of you can smoke in your homes? And how many of you are required to smoke out doors per the wife or girlfriend?
I have to smoke out side, my wife says so. She smokes too, but only smokes nails. I wish there was a way I could convince her to let me smoke in the house, any suggestions on that by chance?

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
It's our house and I will not own anything I cannot use, so I smoke indoors. It really is that simple, she might not always like every blend, but I don't like everything she does either. Compromise makes for a strong relationship, and I would not live in a house I could not smoke in.

majilton

Might Stick Around
Jan 18, 2012
I smoke nails and my pipe and at home.This is a difficult one because there is the argument of dirty paint work walls from smoke and having to decorate more and the smell of stale smoke oders.If it was me i suppose i would tell her how relaxing smoking your pipe is watching tv with a drink and its really important to you that you can relax.Maybe then i would agree about the paintwork smells ect And get some fibulators that suck up the smoke around the house a good one that will do the trick.And tell her that you will try this.have it near you close and let her see the smoke get sucked into the machine.Clean it once a week because it will get full of tar and she carnt complain.Thats all i can think to do unless anyone has any better ideas :puffpipe:

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
My girlfriend hates it so much, but I smoke inside. Actually she hates that I smoke all together. Pioe smoke doesnt stink up a room for all that long to be honest, as long as a window is open. Totaly gone in a day tops. When she says she doesnt want me doing it I reply, 'when you stop everything I dont like, Ill stop everything you dont like' Conversation is over

majilton

Might Stick Around
Jan 18, 2012
When i invite my friends to my home they can always smoke we enjoy it and my girlfriend smokes.I Would never refuse any of my friends smoking in the house i want them to be comfy and enjoy there visits.My mum has never smoked but she never refuses anyone if they want to smoke.Hnrclay is correct and if i want to smoke i will but thats just me

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
I can smoke indoors if I want, but I choose not to. I live in a very small home and I don't want everything to smell like smoke all the time.
So far it's only been a problem for me on a couple of days when it was just too stormy to get out. I missed my smoke on those days.
You can see my home here.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I live in a very small home and I don't want everything to smell like smoke all the time.
Really doesnt seem to be a problem with me, I live in a teeny tiny apartment. one room about 20x 20 ish, maybe a bit bigger

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
i smoked outdoors for 20 yrs or better. When the kids left home, i started smoking indoors, wife dont mind too much. I smoke only in kitchen or at the computer, never in bedroom or living room. Wife dont smoke so that makes her a pretty good sport!!
Romanza10: forgive me if im intruding, but i would have a problem with my spouse smoking indoors but myself having to go outside. Somehow that just seems wrong, a whole lot one sided. Tell her u dont like the smell of cig. smoke so she should smoke outdoors as well. " Quote: Whats good for the goose, is good for the gander"

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Philip, love your house & wife ! She's gorgeous ;-)
I smoke outdoors, always have. Raising 5 kids and a couple of foster kids...

Good heater: $30

Fire pit: $20

The occasional peace and quiet: priceless
And the kids knew where to find to come talk to me in private when they needed advice :puffpipe: works out fine for me. And I don't watch much tv anyway.

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
I smoke outdoors out of respect for my wife, She quit smoking almost 15 years ago. I smoke outside as not to tempt her. She still enjoys the smell of tobacco smoke. She doesn't care if I smoke inside or not. :puffy:

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
In my house I smoke.

My house.
In deference to my sons wishes I didn't smoke in the bathroom. He finally moved out last month.

Now I can enjoy a pipe along with my National Geographic while in the throne room!

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Smoking inside ... ah, yeah maybe someday.
right now, I live with my two nephews who are 1 and 3 and my sister would sooner see me dead by icepick before letting me smoke near her boys.
When it warms up I might put the exhaust fan in my bedroom window and puff in my room occasionally, assuming I survive the icepick attack.
I have a pet cockatiel in my room, though, and I do wonder how she would respond to plumes of lovely tabacky smoke.

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
No way on god's earth would I smoke outside, not at work, not at home, and it's also the reason I refuse to go to social venues such as pubs, clubs, restaurants, bars etc.
I smoke Cigarillos & Pipes and my house is always heavy with smoke - I don't give a rat's patootie, "Don't like it, then stay the hell away!" Come over to visit, and I WILL smoke in MY home in YOUR presence, completely disregarding your coughing & spluttering - put your big girl panties on and deal with it. I will smoke outside if you have bavies, children or feeble old people with you, but that's it. That also goes for you travelling in MY cars ... wind yer bloody window down & stop yer moanin'.
Any man who objected to me smoking in my/our home would never secure the passenger side of my bed, nor towel & toothbrush space.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I cant my mom hate smoking, and i have two younger siblings who live in the house. My dad smokes black & mild cigars but again not in the house. However I can smoke in my dads studio/workshop/mancave.We cant afford to heat it and the house(its a separate building), so it isnt super warm, but its insulated and keeps me out of the nasty weather so icant really complain

frtimmyd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2011
When I was smoking nails full-time, it was always outside. It was my choice as I didn't like the smell of it in the house. My wife enjoys the smell of pipe tobacco and so actually encourages me to smoke inside (I've got two teenage girls who also like it).
As a priest I have to do a lot of marriage counseling and the first thing I always bring up is that if you treat your spouse as if their needs are the most important things in the world, you usually come up with a pretty good compromise. In this instance the spouse who didn't like inside smoking would realize that the other really enjoys it and it's relaxing. The spouse who smokes would realize that making the other uncomfortable is not loving. Solution? A specific place in the house where smoking is allowed but only there.

superbob

Lurker
Mar 26, 2011
Victoria, Canada
Mostly outdoors to keep the smell of latakia out. When my wife is out, I smoke indoors by the window with a fan blowing outwards. We live in an apartment and we're looking for a house. I want my own man cave!

Status
Not open for further replies.