PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
First real snow of the season landed in South Dakota.
Quick bowl of FMC while my wife puts our kid to bed to celebrate.
null_zps32cedfda.jpg

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Looks like a great time, we are getting snow in Idaho, but it's trying to turn to rain and smoking in slush is not necessarily the most fun thing to do.

~Ron

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Nice! I hope we'll get some snow here in Tennessee this year. According to the Farmers Almanac, it's supposed to be a colder winter than the last several years, so maybe.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
It should be noted, that while I love the snow, I basically lit up, took that pick, wussed out, and went to the garage :)

mtnfolkmike

Might Stick Around
Oct 27, 2013
cool pic.. I wish it snowed around here more.. we live in a small coastal mountain range, and rarely get any snow..

urtpiz

Lurker
Oct 29, 2013
Do I actually see a few houses in that picture? I thought there were only buffaloes and prairie land up there. :)

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Looks like the snow we got in Calgary last weekend landed on you today. Sorry man, but 'tis the season.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
I've lived away from snow for more than half my life and I don't miss it one bit ... dunno what I'd do if I had to contend with that stuff while smoking ...

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
@urpitz- I live in a rare cluster of roofed teepees ;)
Actually I live in Sioux Falls, which is a great town. Area population is nearing 200k, low crime, business has stayed stable through the recession, fantastic healthcare, great little historic downtown area, and, a decent amount of culture for the land of the cows.
Great place to raise a family.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I enjoyed your picture. I'm not sure how anyone lives in a housing development where your neighbor can hear you fart, but they are a great place for kids.
My family had a homestead off the Wambalee reservation in the Badlands. You have to be hardy to live in the Dakotas, which is why I now live in the Pacific Northwest. Bundle up, it looks like it might be a long winter for you.

burlpettibon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
I'm hoping to be getting some snow up here in Washington this year but I doubt it. I've been wanting to move to the Dakotas or Montana for awhile now. Still getting through schooling so it will be awhile but hopefully some time in the future!

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
that looks amazing! I cant wait for our first snow... its been in the 20's at night here so hopefully the snow is coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.